RIP Albert Pyun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Albert Pyun

Not surprising news given his recent health issues. I rented The Sword and the Sorcerer when it came out on VHS, and as a ten year old I was starting to take note of directors, so it seems like I've been following Albert's work forever. He could do a lot with very little, but I think it would be fair to say when very little became pocket change, his work suffered. I've had many a fun and sometimes frustrating time watching his work, I'll certainly miss it. RIP.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

I loved Albert Pyun. He was a solid contributor to my cinematic education via video rentals. His films had a visual look that made them look much expensiver then they were. I consider Nemesis and Down Twisted to be his finest work, but I will also have a spot for Mean Guns in my heart until the day I die.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I hope he got to see this video that RLM made for him:

I felt so bad for him when he started crying on the commentary for SWORD AND THE SORCERER, so I had a feeling it wouldn't be long before he passed away. One of a kind filmmaker. RIP.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Sad news. I'm a big fan of NEMESIS and THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER, among others. Not surprising given his recent condition but still sad. RIP
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

This is very sad. We knew it was coming but it still sucks. RIP.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

His early films weren't bad even his Full Moon ones were fine. Trouble was when he started self financing his films they became very static with long stretches of them being just two actors talking to each other.

Comment

I saw THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER in the theater when it came out. LOVED it! Sad loss.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I rewatched his Brainsmasher.... A Love Story. Still 10/10. Most underrated comedy ever.

Also, here is what Christopher Lambert had to say about Albert:
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1596901200103972866
                The Silly Swede
                Last edited by The Silly Swede; 11-28-2022, 05:49 AM.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

They talk about Pyun for about 10 minutes on the latest episode of The Movies That Made Me podcast.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                  X