Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Bill Olsen( AKA Banana Man/Code Red)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Due to both his antics and his distribution (pre-Kino taking over the distribution), he certainly didn't make it easy to buy his titles, but he released a bunch of stuff that a bunch of the other labels likely wouldn't have. RIP to real oddball.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Code Red was the shit back in the day, and that wasn't going to happen without somebody with an issue or two.

My condolences to his family, and hopefully his online tantrums won't be what he's ultimately remembered for; Code Red releases definitely made a lot of people happy.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Oops, just posted the news in the CR thread, didn't see this one.

Either way, RIP. He was a character for sure. Bill went after me a few times on line for reasons, at this point, I'll never understand and I'm not going to lie and say he was my favorite guy on the planet but Code Red put out some seriously awesome discs and we all the man a debt of gratitude.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    There's no denying the massive contribution he made and his incredible knowledge. Whilst I found his manner in recent times utterly infuriating, I've seen people with poorly controlled diabetes progressively act in a similar manner, so I suspect that may have been a factor. At least he can't be exploited by certain people anymore. RIP, my condolences to Walt.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    He was certainly a unique individual. Code Red was hugely important in the early days of DVD collecting and it was a little weird and disappointing when Bill's personality and frustrating distribution decisions started to overshadow the actual releases. It's unfortunate that CR is mostly remembered now for Bill's online antics and the whole Banana Man thing instead of their significance in the burgeoning DVD/BD collecting world. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    started a topic RIP Bill Olsen( AKA Banana Man/Code Red)

RIP Bill Olsen( AKA Banana Man/Code Red)

Unfortunately, Bill Olsen( AKA Banana Man/Code Red) has passed away. I saw the bad news on Twitter.
Working...
X