Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead For A Dollar (Walter Hill, 2022)

So.....

It's Walter Hill. You have Willem Dafoe. You have Christoph Waltz. It's a Western.

HOW DO YOU SCREW THIS UP???

I made it about 45 minutes in. The story is so pedestrian, the acting, the dialogue, the reactions.....just so far below where they should be. I think that Dafoe is the strongest part, but that's not saying much.

I'm so....disappointed.

I did not know this existed. Saw the thread title, got excited about a new Hill movie, watched the trailer and saw your comments.... sad face. Looks like it was shot on a cell phone.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's a shame, I just came here to post about it after watching the trailer. Westerns can be cheap, but cheap modern westerns feel so lazy.
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

YELLOWSTONE is wayyy more aesthetically pleasing than this. Even the dialogue slips between they're trying to be period-correct and exploitation at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I did not know this existed. Saw the thread title, got excited about a new Hill movie, watched the trailer and saw your comments.... sad face. Looks like it was shot on a cell phone.

I will say this; it might just be because clips, but the trailer is a little misleading. Film doesn't look good, but it doesn't look quite that shitty, which is like if SyFy started doing soap operas.

Comment

It sucks that a legend like Hill can't even get a decent budget these days.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
            X