Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Skeletons in the Closet' (2001) – Wayne Powers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Skeletons in the Closet' (2001) – Wayne Powers.

Writer/director Wayne Power's low budget, agreeably twisted, weirdly underappreciated 90s thriller 'Skeletons in the Closet' is a sturdily written, capably directed, compellingly acted psychodrama that ultimately proved itself to be far more fascinating than its wholly undeserved relegation to the depthless voids of DVD bargain bin hell might suggest! If you give the engaging film a chance, it very soon becomes abundantly clear that Treat Williams & Linda Hamilton have a palpable chemistry, their likeability, and natural talent bringing additional gravitas to the increasingly fraught family malaise, but, for me, the engaging drama's standout performance is from fresh faced Jonathan Jackson as Will's (Treat Williams) querulous misfit son Seth. 'Skeletons in the Closet' is far from forgettably saccharin TV-Movie-of-the-week fare, this disturbingly dark tale of a troubled family torn asunder by a traumatizing past event successfully keeps its trump card snugly to its chest, right until the frantic, teeth-gnashingly tense finale! Outside of the splendid performances, the engaging thriller's expansive New Hampshire vistas are a ravishing visual treat. And it would prove entirely remiss of me if I failed to mention composer Christopher L. Stone's excellent score, including a number of delightful songs, written, and mellifluously performed by polymath Jonathan Jackson.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wayne Power's under appreciated Skeletons_in_the clost is a well written, compellingly acted psychodrama that proved itself to be.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	401140

Working...
X