No announcement yet.

Reservoir Dogs Coming To UHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of the brilliance in Jackie Brown is derived from Elmore Leonard.

Has to be more than a coincidence that Tarantino's most mature and emotionally complex film is based on someone else's work.

Obviously Tarantino does a great job adapting it, I haven't read Rum Punch but apparently the film is quite different, but Leonard's virtues as a writer are pretty clear in the film.

Comment

I'd argue that INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is his most mature (and best) film to date.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        I'd argue that INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is his most mature (and best) film to date.
        I only watched it once when it was relatively new, but I dug it a lot. I also fall in the camp of not getting the fuss about JACKIE BROWN. Really need to re-watch it one of these days to see if my opinion has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
          All that to say that I appreciate Tarantino's thoughtfulness more often than not but think that he stepped over a line with DJANGO UNCHAINED. Maybe it's hypocritical for me to be okay with him fiddling with a nasty real-life murder or the holocaust but not with slavery but that's just how it shakes out with me. To be clear, I'm a fan of his who just happens to think he failed miserably in a few instances in his career.
          Ok. So, we're not really so much in disagreement about content as we are about tone?

Comment

Working...
          X