X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Oh. Well I respect Canadians. As you say Jimmy, you have managed a pretty good mix of left and right. I just get riled up at the whole Anti-Putin sentiment that is so common in western media etc. It all stems from the fact that noone wants to see a strong and prosperous Russia, and they are all scared shitless as Putin is moving his country in that exact direction.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Simard

• Jimmy Simard
    replied
    Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I think this is just pure jealousy on behalf of you americans. Cause the old Reds have conquered capitalism in a mere 23 years, and they do it a hell of a lot better then anyone else.
    I could be wrong but Randy is Canadian as I am and we are sure not jealous of the Russian. We have a perfect mix of capitalism and social democraty, our economic system didn't crash as it's the case in the US and many European countries, nobody rig the Constitution to be in power forever and every citizens rights are respected (no journalist is killed because of something they wrote about the Prime Minister).

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy G View Post
    If you think the elections in Russia are fair and free I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. He is popular in Russia, but so was Stalin, in fact people that like one tend to defend the other.
    So, you are saying that a man that has pulled a country from poverty controlled by a few billionaires, into proper almost first world status with the fastest growing middle class outside of China and India, and restored its stature as a superpower while simultaneously giving the poor and the elderly a heavily improved standard of living WITHOUT taxating the rich to death, needs to cheat his way into 51% or more of the votes?

Of course he cheats a bit with human rights and freedom of speech etcetera. But do the citizens of Russia, except a handful of so called intelectuals, give a shit? No. They have never had those rights in the first place, so why would they care? It is not as if people in europe or america experience these very vague and undefined rights either.

I think this is just pure jealousy on behalf of you americans. Cause the old Reds have conquered capitalism in a mere 23 years, and they do it a hell of a lot better then anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Randy G

• Randy G
    replied
    Putin is no dictator! He has been voted in by his people.
    If you think the elections in Russia are fair and free I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. He is popular in Russia, but so was Stalin, in fact people that like one tend to defend the other.

Leave a comment:

• Horace Cordier

• Horace Cordier
    replied
    Is that plutonium in my sandwich?

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Especially Seagal movies.

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Of course he does. He loves movies as much as everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Now now. I'm not calling for ousting the dude or anything - unless the Russians want to do it themselves.
    Be careful with what you say.....I know FOR SURE that Putin himself monitors this board on a daily basis.....

Leave a comment:

• Horace Cordier

• Horace Cordier
    replied
    Steven Seagal Knows EVERYTHING.

How come you americans never respect elections in other countries? Democracy is only great when it works in your favour?
    Now now. I'm not calling for ousting the dude or anything - unless the Russians want to do it themselves.

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Right. And Mussolini was really good at keeping the trains running on time.

While I'm amused as an American by Putin's startling resemblance to a real-life James Bond villain, and admire his brutally hard-assed way with Islamic fundamentalism overall he's a monster.
    How come you americans never respect elections in other countries? Democracy is only great when it works in your favour?

Leave a comment:

• Horace Cordier

• Horace Cordier
    replied
    Steven Seagal Knows EVERYTHING.

Putin is no dictator! He has been voted in by his people. They like him over there in russia. I have russian friends who say he is the best thing that has happened to their country for as long as they have been alive, and they are in their 30s to 60s!
    Right. And Mussolini was really good at keeping the trains running on time.

While I'm amused as an American by Putin's startling resemblance to a real-life James Bond villain, and admire his brutally hard-assed way with Islamic fundamentalism overall he's a monster.
    Horace Cordier
    Last edited by Horace Cordier; 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    Putin is no dictator! He has been voted in by his people. They like him over there in russia. I have russian friends who say he is the best thing that has happened to their country for as long as they have been alive, and they are in their 30s to 60s!

Leave a comment:

• Randy G

• Randy G
    replied
    Well Putin is a murderous dictator who has his critics murdered (check out the number of journalists killed under his regime) so it's not like he's not already stepped over that line.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Joe Arpaio is a racist prick. Seagal should be embarassed to be working with this guy. Next thing you know, Steve's gonna be exposing the truth behind Obama's birth certificate and writing for World Net Daily with Chuck Norris.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    And he is in the news AGAIN!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/seagal-sheriff...023031238.html

The self-proclaimed "America's Toughest Sheriff" joined forces this weekend with action movie star Steven Seagal to train volunteer armed posse members to defend Phoenix-area schools against gunmen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X