RIP Henry Silva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Henry Silva

The meanest looking guy to ever grace the silver screen from Hollywood to Rome has died at 95. I think a lot of us knew he was unwell after a certain label owner blurted it out some years back, but still a blow to lovers of classic action and all round badass actors. Ghost Dog proved he could be funny as hell too.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

I knew it was coming and he had a great run but damn it, this one stings.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He was in so much good stuff, but I'm not really sure if he was a good actor or not. A great presence, but his line delivery was often really awkward. Regardless, I'd prefer to live in a world with Henry Silva in it than without. RIP.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

He had a long career with parts in OCEAN'S 11, MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, HATFUL OF RAIN, VIVA ZAPATA, JOHNNY COOL and many more.

I got to work with Henry briefly in the 90s. It was a small role, but, just seeing him on the set - you felt his presence. I feel honored to have spent a few hours on set with him and getting to chat a bit.

His genre efforts included ALLIGATOR, THIRST, AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON, MEGAFORCE, SILENCE OF THE HAMS, ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX and lots of TV spots on shows like Night Gallery, Outer Limits, Thriller, Buck Rogers, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea and more.

RIP

Comment

every time a celeb died in the past few years, in a weird way it made me smile inside, becauce I knew henry silva was still alive and kicking and outlived all those bastards.

R.I.P. to a exploitation legend. Now he's reunited bitchslapping maurizio merli and tomas milian in heaven!

Comment

He will be missed
            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

henry silva vs. motörhead motherfucker highlight reel!

youtube bozos added an age restriction over the years ... but still worth it!

Comment

Damn. Dammit, god damn.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

My favourite Silva is The Boss.

Comment

I loved him in Assassination. That's such a cool movie.

Comment

RIP. A commanding presence when he was on screen.

Comment

Matt H: "A great presence, but his line delivery was often really awkward."

Kino is putting Assassination out on blu-ray on 15 November. I have always felt that Silva's awkwardness (if that is the word we want) added something to this film, given the character he was playing.

Comment

Working...
                        X