• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over $800 million in write offs so far!

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-disc...-content-cuts/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Was Cavill a good Superman? I think it's more that the gatekeepers like him because they think that he quit The Witcher because it was too woke. Plus he likes 'em young like most of them...
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        Was Cavill a good Superman? I think it's more that the gatekeepers like him because they think that he quit The Witcher because it was too woke. Plus he likes 'em young like most of them...
        Cavill was an excellent Superman, no political superiority complex bullshit changes that. Sorry!

Comment

Perhaps he was good in three of the worst superhero films I've ever watched so I missed it!
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I thought it was a bit hard to tell if Cavill was a good Superman. Them was Zac Snyder films and the emoting range was stuck between surly and scowling with nothing that seemed Superman ish to me. I don't hold that against him though. It seems he was keen to do a proper Superman flick.

Given he's off The Witcher though and now has no Superman- and surely they're not making another Napoleon Solo- that puts Cavill at a loose end. I say he should do a Warhammer movie. He loves talking about painting little figures and I believe at one point he said he wanted to play the Emperor. Warners clearly doesn't have the money to make it but maybe he should hit up Disney. They're not above a franchise over there.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Over $800 million in write offs so far!

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-disc...-content-cuts/
              Loved this bit:

"A sequel to this year's Black Adam also seems unlikely due to the film's underperformance at the box office and several disagreements between star/producer Dwayne Johnson and Warner Bros. These have ranged from accusations against Johnson of leaking inaccurate profit numbers to him championing the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, with whom he shares a manager"

What a shitshow.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                Given he's off The Witcher though and now has no Superman- and surely they're not making another Napoleon Solo- that puts Cavill at a loose end. I say he should do a Warhammer movie. He loves talking about painting little figures and I believe at one point he said he wanted to play the Emperor. Warners clearly doesn't have the money to make it but maybe he should hit up Disney. They're not above a franchise over there.
                Huh... wrote that this morning and I read this this evening. Okay it's Amazon not Disney, but close:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...on-1235283251/

Comment

Well, the new DC Universe plans have been revealed at last! https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...ld-1235507426/

Comment

Looks like a surprisingly coherent vision. I'm hearing a lot of noise from the video game sector saying that making games to order on schedule is not the way things work for them though I assume DC must have already been in contact with games studios before the announcement so I assume they're on top of it. Curious to see if the Elseworlds concept is one the casually interested masses will be able to grasp.

Comment

Gunn had all the passion of a McDonalds CEO making a public statement about putting the McRib on the menu permanently. This felt more like a last-ditch effort than inspired creation, and yes, I get that this is about business and competition with Marvel but that video was for Warner shareholders more so than movie goers. "I'm the guy who put dick and butthole jokes into THE SUICIDE SQUAD. You can trust me. I'll right this ship."

This announcement should feel very familiar to anyone who's followed DC Comics' regular revamps, reboots and renumberings over the last two decades (or four if you want to go back to Crisis on Infinite Earths, or five going back to the Implosion). To take this approach now that the MCU is on the downswing feels like too little, too late.
                      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

One of the ideas Gunn was pushing was that movies, tv and games are treated as one continuity. That would be kind of new. Marvels done it a little bit, sort of, but never risking it's A properties to do so. This Colin Farrell quote about the new Penguin series makes it sound like Gunns supposed approach is not all hot air:

"“It’s going to be an eight-part thing around Oz’s rise to power, filling that power vacuum created when Falcone was killed. Matt’s idea was to have the Penguin show begin about a week after the end of the Batman film. And if it works, if the trajectory is interesting, and the audience goes for it, and we do our jobs right, the second Penguin feature will pick up where the HBO show will end.”

Comment

All I really care about is them getting the new Swamp Thing movie right.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not following this at all, just enjoy seeing the DC down to fuck thread get updated.

Comment

Goddamnit! So far I've really only had an academic interest in all the nonsense at Warners. I'm not interested in Batgirl so it doesn't bother me that much if they disappear it. But the bastards have gone and bought the fight to my door by cancelling Avenue 5 which finished season 2 with a cliff hanger. That one hurts.

Comment

Ha, must catch up.

Never going to forgive them for taking LOS ESPOOKYS away, even though it went out sweetly enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X