Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Once Upon a Time in London' (2019) - Simon Rumley.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Once Upon a Time in London' (2019) - Simon Rumley.

I have long been an avid fan/collector of lurid gangster flicks, and Simon Rumley's vividly rendered true crime biopic about the exceptionally bloody rise and fall of infamous London thugs Jack 'Spot' Comer, and his cunning, and no less ambitious adversary Billy Hill is a mean-spirited, unflinchingly brutal expose of these two notoriously vicious gangsters fight to be the reigning king of London's shadowy, pitilessly unforgiving underworld. The tremendously exciting 'Once Upon a Time in London' is an entertainingly visceral Brit-crime actioner that certainly doesn't pull any punches! Familiar faces Lou Gregory and 'Rise of The Footsoldier' legend Terry Stone are wholly convincing as mercenary, power hungry hoods on the make. The female roles prove undernourished, as are the peripheral rent-a-thug characters, sadly making very little impact, with the gorgeously grisly exception of Roland Manookian's deliciously twisted turn as sociopathic nutter Frankie Fraser who playfully dispenses his dart delivered devilry with a laudable relish! While the narrative frequently feels rushed, leaping arbitrarily from one event to another, playing havoc with continuity, the enjoyably muscular performances, relentless razor-slashing savagery and exceptionally fine score by Richard Chester adds considerable lustre to Rumley's gritty underworld opus. Fans of 'St. Georges Day', and 'We Still Kill The Old Way' should enjoy the film's equally scrappy theatrics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	398418

Click image for larger version

Name:	once-upon-a-time-in-london-1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	398419

Thanks for reminding me of this. I like Rumley's films.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
    X