RIP David Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP David Warner

Always enjoyed watching him since I was a kid after seeing Time Bandits and Tron. Nobody played a bastard as well as him but he could imbue nice guys with humanity too. His performance in Straw Dogs seemed utterly authentic to me. Always remember the story of him breaking down during the filming of Holocaust when viewing the real life atrocity footage, he wrote the textbook on tired and cynical Nazis in that one. Just watched Tenebrae again too, and every time I ask myself if he did the opening narration or not.

RIP.
    agent999
    Last edited by agent999; 07-25-2022, 07:06 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Time After Time has been one of my favorites since i was a kid. the foot chase scene with him and McDowell might have been what sparked my enjoyment for those kinds of scenes.

always fun to see him

Comment

I always appreciated seeing him pop up in stuff over the years, he was always a lot of fun. RIP.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Great actor, and hadn't realized how many films I enjoyed him in. RIP.

Comment

Even as a teenager I thought he was a good actor even though I only knew him in a few things. Time After Time was a favorite of mine back then. I always like when he pops up in something unexpectedly.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

My favorite David Warner performance is his title role in Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment (1966). He is wonderful.

If you have access to Kanopy, Morgan is streaming free there.
            George Barry
            Last edited by George Barry; 07-25-2022, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X