• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. James Caan

He's passed away at 82.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/j...ry-1235311096/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Aw, this sucks. He was so awesome in just about everything he was in. RIP.

Comment

Fuck. He was a badass. RIP.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

RIP. He was around for so long, and yet his careeed never collapsed into straight up B-movie crap like most of his peers.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

He had one of the best Simpsons appearances of the prime years of the show, as well as being great in every movie he was in.

Comment

Aside from the Godfather some of his best performances include Thief, The Gambler, Cinderella Liberty and Slither.

Comment

I remember liking a film he made named Hide in Plain Sight. R.I.P.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jonathan.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	396672

He will always be Jonathan to me, i have loved the heck out of this flick ever since i was a kid. And El Dorado is definitely worth a look or two as well. F*ck Marion, you get a Western with Caan and Mitchum. RIP big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                  Aside from the Godfather some of his best performances include Thief, The Gambler, Cinderella Liberty and Slither.
                  I haven't seen Cinderella Liberty in forever, but i remember digging it way back when.

Comment

Seems forgotten even though it is a 70s gem but it plays on TCM occasionally.

Comment

His performance in Thief is one of the best things he ever did, and one of the high points of Michael Mann's filmography. Understated and raw in a way that few could pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

His performance in Thief is one of the best things he ever did, and one of the high points of Michael Mann's filmography. Understated and raw in a way that few could pull off.
                        The diner scene between him and Tuesday Weld is classic.

Comment

The diner scene between him and Tuesday Weld is classic.
                          Michael Mann has some kind of magic when it comes to scenes in diners and restaurants, doesn't he? Thief, Heat, and almost every other film or pilot he makes has some intense scene at a dining table in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X