Fred Ward RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Ward RIP

Great underappreciated actor. I recently rewatched REMO WILLIAMS and it's way better than you probably remember.
    Matt H.
    Last edited by Matt H.; 05-13-2022, 12:27 PM.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I remember him from The Right Stuff, Tremors and Remo Williams. I didn't realize he was 79. Always liked him. RIP.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

RIP, Mr. Ward

Comment

RIP. Great character actor. And yes, Remo Williams is great fun.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

A real loss. One of my very favorite character actors. He excelled as an everyman. His rugged appeal was shown off in supporting roles in SOUTHERN COMFORT, THE RIGHT STUFF, THUNDERHEART and THE PLAYER. But, he could take the lead as Henry Miller in HENRY & JUNE, the ill-fated REMO WILLIAMS and the cult favorite TREMORS. His abilities were strong enough to have worked with the likes of Altman, Don Siegel, Walter Hill, Philip Kaufman, Jonathan Demme, Michael Apted, Mike Nichols and more.

RIP

Comment

Damn, loved him in so many films. MIAMI BLUES is probably at the top, but he was in a ton of class films. RIP.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Fred versus Fred

Comment

He's graboid food now.

He was a very underrated actor, with great comedic timing, and he made a lot of movies more memorable than they'd have been without him. Rest in peace, Mr. Ward.

Comment

RIP. When I was a kid, I fricken loved Remo Williams. Guess I'll be seeing him again in the new Miami Blues blu.

Comment

Dammit, He was always one of those guys you love to see pop up in anything. TREMORS and REMO are both a lotta fun. Has anyone seen CAST A DEADLY SPELL? That one seems to be coming up a lot in threads about his passing, and was totally under my radar.

Comment

CAST A DEADLY SPELL is pretty good, but could've been better. It also has a 1994 sequel by Paul Schrader called WITCH HUNT, where Ward is replaced by Dennis Hopper. It's OK, but needed more fantasy/horror elements.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Big fan of Miami Blues and looking forward to rewatching it soon.

I believe Ward was long rumored to be in the all male xxx film Manhole, directed by David Durston (of I Drink Your Blood fame) and the amazing cast includes Zebedy Colt, Jamie Gillis and Wade Nichols.

Manhole is a 'lost' film as Durston decided to bury it when Ward broke through with his role in Escape from Alcatraz.

Is this all wild rumour or can anyone confirm it?

Comment

Working...
                        X