No announcement yet.

Second Sight Releasing Walter Hill's Southern Comfort On DVD/Blu-ray 11/26/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Sight Releasing Walter Hill's Southern Comfort On DVD/Blu-ray 11/26/2012

From their facebook page:

"We're pleased to announce the UK release date of SOUTHERN COMFORT - November 26th. The classic will be available on both Blu-ray and DVD, with the Blu-ray featuring a limited edition slipcase. Both formats will include the feature WILL HE LIVE OR WILL HE DIE as well as English Language subtitles for the movie."
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'll buy this if no USA edition is announced shortly.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Me too. I love this film. On some days I prefer it by a fair margin to DELIVERANCE.

Comment

Really? I don't see a connection between Boorman's DELIVERANCE and Hill's SOUTHERN COMFORT.

Wait a minute. Okay. I see what you mean.

I'll buy HARD TIMES and EXTREME PREJUDICE if they come ever out on Blu-ray.

Comment

I'll snap this up when it hits the streets. SOUTHERN COMFORT is a fantastic film. I'd also buy HARD TIMES and EXTREME PREJUDICE in a heartbeat. Additionally, I'd love to see the original cut of THE WARRIORS on Blu-ray: I won't buy the current BD release, which features the cut of the film with the (imo) dreadful comic book transitions, and the (also imo) patronising explanation of the film's parallels with Xenophon's THE PERSIAN EXPEDITION. (Mr Hill, I can work those parallels out for myself, thank you very much.)
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
            Really? I don't see a connection between Boorman's DELIVERANCE and Hill's SOUTHERN COMFORT.

Wait a minute. Okay. I see what you mean.

I'll buy HARD TIMES and EXTREME PREJUDICE if they come ever out on Blu-ray.
            Pretending to be dense simply does not suit you Mr. Lewis.

I've always attached DELIVERANCE and SOUTHERN COMFORT to the "two of a kind" group. DELIVERANCE is the more respectable film but COMFORT has a bit more genre bite to it - and Powers Boothe.

Comment

Yeah, but where is the HUNTER'S BLOOD BD???
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Hilarious. I just confused Paul Lewis and Richard W.

I'm an idiot. Apologies to both!

I love HUNTER'S BLOOD Andrew. Funny I was just thinking about that one.

Comment

That's Paul Andrew Julian Lewis to you, young man.

Comment

Who says SOUTHERN COMFORT isn't respectable?

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                      Hilarious. I just confused Paul Lewis and Richard W.
                      Ha! In the words of Captain Bertorelli, 'what a mistake-a to make-a', Horace :D

I don't recall ever seeing HUNTER'S BLOOD.
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

The Shout! Factory release is slated for July 8th, 2014.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1604792_649451835110107_1648494060383385455_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	345602
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like that Keith Carradine looks like Klaus Kinski on that cover...
                          It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Working...
                          X