X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Radcliffe To Play Weird Al Yankovic

You know what? I'm in.

https://www.gamesradar.com/daniel-ra...erd-al-biopic/

"Radcliffe plays Alfred Matthew Yankovic, AKA "Weird Al" Yankovic, in an upcoming biopic about the comedy musician, and the first set photos reveal his latest transformation. The 32-year-old has a huge fluffy, black wig and with a moustache that Mario would approve. Unscroll the tweet below to see Radcliffe as Weird Al."

Click image for larger version

Name:	FMEc-2GVkAIzuez.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	387720

Name:	FMEc-2GVkAEYbUa.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	387721
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I feel he's compensating too much. After sitting through Swiss Army Man and Horns, I'd happily knee him in the balls if I ever met him.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Not sold on Harry P as the legend Weird Al, but Im still totally sold on the film itself.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Haven't seen a decently done biopic in ages. If they can pull this one off, good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          Haven't seen a decently done biopic in ages. If they can pull this one off, good.
          Did you see A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD? That one got me.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Did you see A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD? That one got me.
            I didn't get very far into it, but I had really just finished the documentary, "Won't You Be My Neighbor" so I was probably subconsciously biased against Hanks for not being Mr. Rogers.

Comment

Not only am I 1000% in for a Weird Al biopic but I reckon Radcliffe will do a great job with the part.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

is it just me or does that teaser seem kinda dark?

Comment

This was a lot of fun. Completely idiotic and reminded me of reading Norm McDonald's autobiography, but how else are you gonna do a biopic of Weird Al?

Comment

Just streamed this. Loved it! It was a bit weird (appropriate, I guess) that Weird Al was speaking with a British accent. But how do they make money from a movie you can stream for free? And is there a soundtrack?

(Also, the pervert in me was disappointed that Evan Rachael Wood wasn't topless when she was in bed with Daniel Radcliffe.)

Comment

It's 2022 and tits are no longer funny.

Comment

Umbrella are giving this a UHD release in April.

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/coll...se-poster-2022

WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE - Only at Umbrella

Get Weird Collector's Edition on 4K or Blu-ray only available via the Umbrella webstore during pre-order

It doesn't matter if you're living an Amish Paradise, eating a whole bunch or performing heart stopping surgery; it's time to Get Weird with this exclusive Collector's Edition featuring a custom Hawaiian shirt not available anywhere else!

The Getting Weird Collector's Edition track-list includes

Get Weird exclusive 100% Rayon Custom Pattern Hawaiian Shirt - only available on the Umbrella webstore
                          Getting Weird - The Story of Weird - 48pp perfect bound book
                          8 Artcards
                          Slipcase
                          Limited edition numbered release
                          Daniel Radcliffe (The Lost City, Swiss Army Man, the Harry Potter films) is “Weird Al” Yankovic in the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician and sex symbol of our time. The film also stars Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld, Across the Universe) as Madonna and Rainn Wilson (The Office, The Meg) as Dr. Demento. From the big screen to Broadway, the telling of music stars’ lives is all the rage. Now comes the outrageous biopic of the unique artist who gained fame and fortune by parodying hit songs. A true-life story about the man who turned twisting popular lyrics into a hugely successful career had to be equally twisted, befitting the man, the myth, the legend known to the world as “Weird Al” Yankovic.

Get Weird with the exclusive 100% Rayon Custom Pattern Hawaiian Shirt - only available on the Umbrella webstore.
                          Director: Eric Appel

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe; Diedrich Bader; Evan Rachel Wood; Rainn Wilson

Extras:
                          WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE - Only at Umbrella
                          Get Weird Collector's Edition only available via the Umbrella webstore during pre-order

It doesn't matter if you're living an Amish Paradise, eating a whole bunch or performing heart stopping surgery; it's time to Get Weird with this exclusive Collector's Edition featuring a custom Hawaiian shirt not available anywhere else!

The Getting Weird Collector's Edition track-list includes

Get Weird exclusive 100% Rayon Custom Pattern Hawaiian Shirt - only available on the Umbrella webstore
                          Getting Weird - The Story of Weird - 48pp perfect bound book
                          8 Artcards
                          Slipcase
                          Limited edition numbered release
                          An Introduction by "Weird Al"
                          Behind the Scenes
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          No. of discs: 1
                          Running time: 108
                          Audio format: 5.1 & 2.0 DTS HD-MA
                          Format: 1080P
                          Colour: COLOUR
                          Languages: English
                          Aspect ratio: 16:9
                          Subtitles: English HOH
                          Year of Production: 2022
                          Release Date: April 2023

Name:	330265305_1245709949649722_5690143160359974700_n.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	409305
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shout! Factory are releasing this on Blu-ray and UHD soon.

Press release!

The Unexaggerated True Story About the Greatest Musician and Sex Symbol of Our Time

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Acclaimed Film Available as a 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD
                            December 12 from Shout! Studios

Available for Digital Purchase November 10

An uproarious meta parody of the life and career of one of the most unique and esteemed musicians of our time, the critically acclaimed Roku Original film Weird: The Al Yankovic Story will be available to own on home entertainment formats for the first time December 12, 2023 from Shout! Studios. Nominated for eight Primetime Emmy™ Awards and beloved by fans worldwide, this wildly creative bio-pic parody stars Daniel Radcliffe, Evan Rachel Wood, Rainn Wilson, and an A-list cast of thousands.

Weird will be available as a two-disc 4K UHD + Blu-ray, a two-disc Blu-ray + DVD edition, and as a standalone DVD. All physical editions will include a bevy of new bonus features, with details to be announced at a future date. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutStudios.com.

The film will also be available for digital rental or purchase as a digital download on November 10, 2023.

In Weird, Daniel Radcliffe is “Weird Al” Yankovic in the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician and sex symbol of our time. With Evan Rachel Wood and Rainn Wilson.

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story was originally released by Roku on The Roku Channel on November 4, 2022. It was embraced by critics and audiences alike and has since received numerous accolades including eight Primetime Emmy™ nominations. Winners will be announced at the 75th Primetime Emmy™ Awards in January 2024.

Name:	weird.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	419303
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This was most excelllent.
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                              X