• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian International Pictures

New VS Partner Label!

https://www.facebook.com/CIPreleasing/

https://www.canadian-international.com/

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collecti...ional-pictures

Good article on them here, they've got some interesting Blu-ray titles in the works.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...t-the-unknown/

Interesting that the guys behind Arbelos Films have a role in this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I haven't got the energy to click on the link. Could you summarize it?
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Huh, that's pretty cool.

Swede, they're a Canadian label looking to release obscure and cult Canadian titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Huh, that's pretty cool.

Swede, they're a Canadian label looking to release obscure and cult Canadian titles.
        Through an American label with poor distribution and high prices in Canada, naturally!

Comment

I know Wiiliam Fruet isn't considered a great Canadian director, but his genre films are fun. He has a movie named Trapped (among other titles) that I've only seen in cruddy VHS quality. I wish I could see it in better shape.
          Another Canadian film I like is Abducted (1986) which I think MGM owns. Two Canadian movies worth rediscovering.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what's in the pipeline from this imprint. As we're listing potential titles, how about a release for weirdly forgotten 90's indie, I Love A Man in Uniform. Haven't seen it for about 25 years, but I remember it being excellent. Paul L. mentioned it over in the VS thread when A Climax of Blue Power was released and it made me want to rewatch it, but I'm unable to source it anywhere.

Comment

There's a DVD that's no great shakes, occasionally in the used markets, but it's 4x3 and I think I read it's cut. Good call, I'd like to see a better presentation. Wellington's kid's movie DEAD AVIATORS is fun, too.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                I know Wiiliam Fruet isn't considered a great Canadian director, but his genre films are fun. He has a movie named Trapped (among other titles) that I've only seen in cruddy VHS quality. I wish I could see it in better shape.
                Another Canadian film I like is Abducted (1986) which I think MGM owns. Two Canadian movies worth rediscovering.
                Code Red released a good quality DVD of Trapped.

Fruet is respected for his first feature, Wedding in White and Death Weekend is a full blown exploitation classic that would be great to finally get a release (it is up on Shudder).

Comment

Some Canuxploitation films I'd like to see get a release:

Moyle's Rubber Gun
                  Arcand's rape/revenge Gina
                  Dalen's Skip Tracer
                  Claude Jutra's Dreamspeaker

Plus all that early Quebecois softcore that we have so little exposure of, mainly I've just seen some striking B&W stills in old film magazines.
                  Randy G
                  Last edited by Randy G; 01-29-2022, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Somebody turn on the Jimmy Simard signal, he knows this stuff.

A Cinepix box set could be very good, but probably we'll get a ​​UHD six disc set for PINBALL SUMMER instead.

Comment

To be clear, I click for a good PINBALL SUMMER release.

Comment

I just want Rebel High on DVD/Blu Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                          Somebody turn on the Jimmy Simard signal, he knows this stuff.
                          Dear god, no.

Comment

I need Corpse Eaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Deltoid View Post
                              Looking forward to seeing what's in the pipeline from this imprint. As we're listing potential titles, how about a release for weirdly forgotten 90's indie, I Love A Man in Uniform. Haven't seen it for about 25 years, but I remember it being excellent. Paul L. mentioned it over in the VS thread when A Climax of Blue Power was released and it made me want to rewatch it, but I'm unable to source it anywhere.
                              Great movie. One of the first Canadian movies I saw that proved we were contenders. Tom McCamus is extraordinary in the lead.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X