Hardcore Logo/Hardcore Logo 2 Blu-ray Release 11/20/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Logo/Hardcore Logo 2 Blu-ray Release 11/20/2012

VSC has got one of Bruce McDonald's finest movies slated for an HD debut on 11/20/2012. Amazon link here.

No details or extras listed yet outside of what Amazon says but it's cool to see that both movies are going to be included. I haven't seen the second one yet but loved the first movie.

"First time ever on Blu-ray!

Special Features:
    -Hard Core Logo 2 Full Feature
    -Director's Audio Commentary
    -Music Video
    -Theatrical Trailer
    -Featurette
    -5.1 Surround Sound
    -SDH Subtitles
    -Excerpt from the book Bruce McDonald's Hard Core Logo by Paul McEwan
    -Genuine Steel Book Case
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That DVD that my buddy gave me is still in plastic. I need to start watching movies again.

Comment

And here's the official press release:

It's a HARD CORE HOLIDAY as the long awaited sequel Hard Core Logo 2 goes day and date on DVD in the US with the Blu-ray of the original Hard Core Logo on November 20, 2012. Both films will debut on iTunes US on the same date.

The followup to Bruce MacDonald (Pontypool)'s rock & roll film classic was decades in the making but well worth the wait. Starring McDonald, Care Failure of the band Die Mannequin and Julian Richings (Hard Core Logo, Cube), Hard Core Logo 2 premiered at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival to enthusiastic reviews ("smartass fun" - The Georgia Straight). The film follows Bruce McDonald, the director of the original movie, who finds himself involved with Hard Core Logo once again when a singer claims she is being possessed by the ghost of the band's lead singer, Joe Dick.

And if audiences don't remember Hard Core Logo, long in moratorium, then they can pick up "the best rock 'n' roll movie in the history of rock 'n' roll movies" (John Griffin, Montreal Gazzette) on a brand new Blu-ray. Originally released in theatres in 1996 and painstakingly restored under MacDonald's supervision to 16x9 anamorphic and high definition, the original Hard Core Logo is being celebrated with a screening at the Alamo Drafthouse on Monday, November 19th as part of the Drafthouse's Music Mondays series in Austin, Texas.

The film follows punk band Hard Core Logo on a harrowing last-gasp reunion tour throughout western Canada. As magnetic lead-singer Joe Dick holds the group together through sheer force of will, all the tensions and pitfalls of life on the road come bubbling to the surface. Also featuring an appearance by Joey Ramone, Hard Core Logo is one of Canada's most acclaimed films. The jammed Blu-ray release includes the full-length feature Hard Core Logo 2 as one of the huge package of bonus features.

"VSC is thrilled to be continuing our relationship with Shadow Shows and Bruce McDonald with the long-awaited launch of this Blu-ray," said VSC President Jonathan Gross, himself a former rock critic. " The restoration process reconstituted the soul of this rock and roll classic. The addition of Hard Core Logo 2 really "amps" up this release."

Founded in 1993 by Gross, Video Services Corp. is a leading independent DVD distributor with offices in Toronto and Los Angeles. With a vast catalogue strong in television, sports and comedy, some of VSC's releases include Corner Gas, Portlandia, Comedy Now! Starring Russell Peters and Spectacle: Elvis Costello With.... VSC is also restoring Black Like Me, based on the landmark memoir, for release in December 2011. VSC also owns the e-commerce websites sportonvideo.com, laffstock.com and jewishflicks.com.

HARD CORE LOGO 2
      Starring: Bruce McDonald, Care Failure and Julian Richings.
      Special Features:
      - Suit of Lights: Animated Short. Directed by Nick Fairhead.
      - Audio Commentary: Featuring Director Bruce McDonald and Simon Less.
      - Featurette
      - Hard Core Logo 2 Theatrical Trailer
      - Hard Core Logo Theatrical Trailer

Preorder: http://www.seeofsound.com/p.php?s=MUS065935582779

HARD CORE LOGO (Blu-ray)
      Starring: Hugh Dillon, Callum Keith Rennie and John Pyper-Ferguson
      Special Features:
      - Hard Core Logo 2 Full Feature
      - Audio Commentary with director Bruce McDonald, star Hugh Dillon and writer Noel Baker
      - Music Video
      - Theatrical Trailer
      - 5.1 Surround Sound
      - SDH Subtitles
      - Excerpt from the book Bruce McDonald's 'Hard Core Logo' by Paul McEwan.
      - Genuine Steel Book Case
      - Hard Core Logo 2 full-length feature with 5.1 sound and SDH Subtitles
      - Suit of Lights: Animated Short. Directed by Nick Fairhead.
      - Audio Commentary on Hard Core Logo 2: Featuring Director Bruce McDonald and Simon Less.
      - Blu-ray bonus interviews
      - Hard Core Logo 2 Theatrical Trailer

Preorder: http://www.seeofsound.com/p.php?s=SHA1904

Click image for larger version

Name:	SHA1904.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	339992

Click image for larger version

Name:	MUS065935582779.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	339993
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Huh. Guess i'll get that HC2 review done before November 20th. :-D

Comment

Watched the first movie last night, no lossless audio just a DD 5.1 track but at least it's a good one. The transfer isn't half bad at all but given the way this movie was shot it's never going to look amazing. It feels 'right' for the film though. The movie itself holds up really well. I forgot Joey Ramone pops up in this for 10 seconds.

Hugh Dillon is cool.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm sure I'll be hearing all about the facebook page stuff next weekend when i'm at Paul's place. Seriously, that guy has an inflated ego.

Comment

Hmm - never watched these but finally saw Pontypool the other night and really dug it. That's the only Macdonald film I've seen, tho'.
              It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Pontypool = pontycool

Comment

Originally posted by Nolando View Post
                  Hmm - never watched these but finally saw Pontypool the other night and really dug it. That's the only Macdonald film I've seen, tho'.
                  Noland you would definitely dig HCL.

You should see Highway 61 and Roadkill too. They're definitely films you'd appreciate.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I didn't realize that Tracy Wright (Highway 61, KITH "The Affair") had passed away. I really liked her.

Comment

Never seen this one...Will have to give it a watch one day!

Comment

Nice! I love HCL. The sequel, not so much. I'll still be buying this, though. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          I didn't realize that Tracy Wright (Highway 61, KITH "The Affair") had passed away. I really liked her.
                          Trigger was her last film. They knew she was sick when she was making it and it was done as kind of a last hurrah for her. This makes the film a rather sad one but it's also very good. She and Molly Parker make a good team.

She was married to Don McKeller.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That, I knew.

Comment

Don McKellar was in the Degrassi Reunion.

Comment

Working...
                              X