The Iceman (2013?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iceman (2013?)

I read the Kuklinski book many years ago and found it pretty interesting, so I was curious to see the test trailer for the film based on his life and times.

The Iceman (2011) Promo Movie Trailer HD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDPtT...layer_embedded

There seems to have been a lot of changes in the cast on this film, most notably the changing of the Roy Demeo role from Benicio Del Toro to Ray Liotta. Now while I generally like Liotta as an actor, I don't think he's going to make a very good Demeo, so my hopes for this film have pretty much taken a nose dive. Still, I'll probably end up watching this just to see if the film will depict the "Gemini Method."

TRAILER:

Comment

This has some potential. I read the book too and it's pretty riviting stuff.

Have you seen The Iceman Interviews?
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well considering it is made by NuImage/Millenium it will no doubt be a very mediocre film with a distinct feel of cheapness to it, just like all their other "big budget" output.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
          Well considering it is made by NuImage/Millenium it will no doubt be a very mediocre film with a distinct feel of cheapness to it, just like all their other "big budget" output.
          That sucks to hear. Not that I was expecting a great film, but, considering the material, we should a least get something better than Liotta as DeMeo. I mean it was a stretch for him to play Henry Hill, but he look nothing like DeMeo at all.

Comment

I remember coming across this guy's story on A&E or was it HBO? in that documentary where he gave a first hand account of his nefarious deeds as a contract killer for the mob. What was particularly disturbing was the matter-of-fact manner in which he described all the killings -- like it was akin to eating breakfast or something. I have to say he's a dedicated fucker for sure...he was recounting one hit wherein he had to dress & act like a tranny to get close to his target at some club. That must've been a sight to behold.

Comment

I would think the sight of Kuklinski in drag would be enough to kill anyone.

He claims to have killed DeMeo, but also claimed to have taken part in the Gigante hit (a claim which was later disproven), so who knows?

Comment

Did he cometh?
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

If the best they can get for this is Ray Liotta, things may be worse than they appear.....

Not saying Liotta is bad when he makes the effort, just that he's not usually first choice in good movies for a while now....

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
                    I remember coming across this guy's story on A&E or was it HBO? in that documentary where he gave a first hand account of his nefarious deeds as a contract killer for the mob. What was particularly disturbing was the matter-of-fact manner in which he described all the killings -- like it was akin to eating breakfast or something. I have to say he's a dedicated fucker for sure...he was recounting one hit wherein he had to dress & act like a tranny to get close to his target at some club. That must've been a sight to behold.
                    It was HBO. That was the documentary series I linked above. It's quite disturbing, really. Good stuff.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So who do you think should have played DeMeo?

Comment

A few years ago I would have chose this guy...Good actor too!

sukebanboy
                        Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-02-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                          A few years ago I would have chose this guy...Good actor too!

Definitely seeing a young Aiello in the part.

I saw that Del Toro was originally supposed to play the part. Wonder what happened?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nic-cage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	339595

Comment

Ha. Rad.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X