X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Scott RIP

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0..._ref=moviefone

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...-suicide-52661

Tony Scott, director of a string of high-octane blockbusters including "Top Gun," died Sunday by jumping from a suspension bridge into Los Angeles Harbor. He was 68.

Los Angeles County Coroner's Lt. Joe Bale told TheWrap that investigators had identified the deceased, Anthony David Scott of Beverly Hills, as the director and producer. His death was later confirmed by his publicist, who declined to provide further details. The death was being investigated as a suicide.

I liked a lot of his earlier stuff a lot....this is a real shame.

R.I.P.

Wow, suicide? I think there has to be more to it. Not a favorite director of mine, but at least he kept to Tarantino's script for True Romance.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

True Romance is one of my favorite movies of all time. RIP, Tony - you made a lot of really fun movies.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bizarre. I live right by there and I still didn't hear about it until I read it online the next day. The article I saw mentioned two suicide notes but was coy about the motive. RIP.

Comment

This is mad!!!...Where did it come from????

Apparently they found a suicide note in his office.....Not released exactly what it said....

I presume severe depression or something...

RIP...True Romance was a FANTASTIC movie...shit, he even made Christian Slater cool (for a short while anyway!!!)...a mark of a TRUE director genius!!!

His family and especially brother must be beyond distraught with this...

Comment

ABC is reporting that he had inoperable brain cancer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=17039434

That at least goes someway towards explaining his decision to take his own life.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good riddance. He was a hero in the 80s and 90s but the last decade has been a disgrace. I hope everyone whom employs the frenetic jump cut in films off themselves.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Jump cut! That's a good one.

Shades of Claudio Guerí­n Hill.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Oh geez now the news is reporting actress Phyllis Diller dead at 95! Tony Scott has a new leading lady for his first film in hell.
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Jeez, I didn't much like his stuff, but come on Joe, Good Riddance? Man gave us Last Boyscout and True Romance, and many laughs watching Top Gun on a Sunday afternoon.

I've seen people suffer to the end with brain cancer...a bridge jump is probably a better way to go.

Comment

Now TMZ is saying he didn't have brain cancer according to his family.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/tony-s...-cancer-tumor/

Very odd.

"TMZ has learned ... Scott's wife told investigators the rumor that Tony had inoperable brain cancer is "absolutely false."

Although the autopsy results have been deferred pending more tests, our sources say there is no evidence of brain cancer.

What's more ... we're told Scott's wife says Tony did not have any other severe medical issues that would have caused him to take his own life."
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He could have hid the news from her.......not likely...but it has been known to happen....

Hopefully for the family the note will clear everything up for them...The public can continue to speculate if they decide NOT to release details....

Comment

And I can't say I'd blame them if they didn't, though at the same time with all of the speculation going on you'd think that they might want to clear the air.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X