OMG Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Entertainment

Have any of you guys used a Netherlands based DVD store called OMG entertainment? I'm trying to fill the last gap in my Camera Obscura "Italian Genre Cinema" collection and they're the only store that I can find it at. Never used them before so I wanted to ask around before I pulled the trigger...

Never heard of them but Diabolik just restocked a few CO titles yesterday - depending on which title it is that you're missing you might want to try there if you haven't already.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Never heard of them but Diabolik just restocked a few CO titles yesterday - depending on which title it is that you're missing you might want to try there if you haven't already.
      Heh. When I checked Diabolik last night at 1:00 a.m. they didn't have it in stock -- but it is now. Cool, so nevermind then...

Comment

Glad you found it locally but just for future reference, I have used OMG and they are reliable but it's more expensive from them when you factor in postage.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I found them awesome, and get all my CO titles from them. If you order two titles they will most likely package them in a fancy cardboard box similiar to amazon, and mine always arrived in mint shape.

Comment

I've ordered from OMG once and I got my stuff pretty quickly. No problems what so ever.
            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Nice. Well it sounds like the next time I'm looking for a European release I'll keep them in mind...

Comment

Unfortunately it seems another cool Euro store has called it quits. A pain as this was the place to get AWE dvd's for those who live outside of Scandinavia:
                http://absurd-online.dk/

Comment

I remember ordering a couple of discs from Absurd a few years ago. They had an awesome selection.

RIP!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's nothing official yet but their page has been down since April and now it's gone so it's probably fair to say they've closed down. Absurd-online was run by one of the AWE guys and I really don't get why AWE don't have a web-store for their releases. Some of them don't sell all that much and films like HANDS OF STEEL and BLASTFIGHTER would probably sell more to customers outside of Denmark than within. I mean some of these titles are films that we waited for for years and now that they're here nobody buys them. I'm blaming bad distribution out of Scandinavia.

Comment

Could be a rights issue that they don't want to mess with.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's what they've said in the past (I've asked them) but it seems labels like Code Red and even Corman's New Concorde have no problems with that. I mean, Corman even has a store on eBay where they sell his DVD's worldwide. Code Red sell worldwide. Most labels do the same.

Comment

Yeah, it's confusing. Diabolik carries a lot of AWE stuff and sells it to US customers, so it's happening, but on a smaller scale.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X