Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin McDonagh's Seven Psychopaths (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin McDonagh's Seven Psychopaths (Merged)

From Martin McDonagh, the man who brought us the underrated In Bruges...

"A struggling screenwriter inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu."

Pretty solid cast here, this could be a lot of fun.

I've always liked Woody Harrellson, but Walken is starting to look really old :(

Bonus points for including a scene with a flamethrower in the trailer though!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I loved IN BRUGES...one of Colin Farrels only films I can watch....

Looking forward to this...

Comment

I watched this last night and it's a lot of fun. It's not deep, it won't change your life or really make you think very much but it's really entertaining stuff, a very strong sense of clever humor behind it in the way that it takes on action movie cliches. On top of that it's pretty damn funny and also surprisingly violent (though that's part of the point of it all). Tom Waits is underused but everyone else in the movie is solid. Nice to see Walken involved in something decent again and Woody Harrelson is great.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Seven Psychopaths

Just saw this one last night. Damn good and very original crime comedy I guess? I have no idea what genre this fits in. All I can say is that it's funny, has great performances -even by Christopher Walken and yes he's not a parody of himself this time- and keeps surprising you. The opening scene is wonderfully anti-Tarantino.

Watch this film. So good that I wanted to make a thread talking about it instead of just listing it in the "What have you been watching?" thread. See this.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I liked it quite a bit when I saw it a while ago also. Unfortunately I was to lazy to make a thread, so good on you Alex. I feel roughly the same. Dark Comedy, without being an outright Comedy. Good stuff really. I recommend it also!
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Whoops.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
            X