Shitty prints you still love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    New EVIL DEAD blu has the open matte transfer as well. I liked it, I thought that they preserved the rough look of the film by not scrubbing it, and it was almost like seeing a new film with it not being matted.
    I agree. I just watched this recently and thought it was pretty much an ideal presentation of the film.

Comment

I still like those scrunched, cramped looking pan&scan dubs AIP made for those Godzilla flicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert W View Post
        I still like those scrunched, cramped looking pan&scan dubs AIP made for those Godzilla flicks.
        I get nostalgic for them in a sense that it reminds me of seeing them on TV as as kid, but if I'm going to watch one one my own, I'm going widescreen all the way.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I notice a lot more detail in the backgrounds throughout the house that I never really picked up on in the murkier presentations and seeing how dirty and fucked up looking everything in the house was made it a creepier movie for me.
          I agree, the cleaned up version allows for lots of missed details and brings more to the movie, it just loses its impact. Not that I've watched it still, but I imagine a movie like Cannibal Holocaust would lose a lot of it's kick to the nuts if it looked all nice and spiffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
            CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS will never look good. I have a dvd-r of my old full screen vhs that suits me just fine.
            I had a beta record of that complete with commercials and plenty of static from the misaligned aerial antenna from around 1984-5.
            Also the Blacula films and Phantasm.
            Sadly, they no longer exist.

Comment

Working...
            X