No announcement yet.

New Blade Runner Blu-ray in the works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blade Runner Blu-ray in the works!

Somehow I missed this, but apparantly it's been talked about for a while now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blade.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	362800

It's going to be a four disc combo pack release. Being billed as a 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition, streets on 10/23/12 (Amazon listing).

"“The #1 Sci-Fi Film of all time” marks itss return post 10 month moratorium with an all new 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD and UV 30th Anniversary commemorative gift set. Revisit the illustrious Final Cut on Blu-ray, DVD and get a UV copy of the feature. Additionally, the gift set features an all new concept spinner car for your collection, action Lenticular and a 72 page art production book with never-before-seen Ridley sketches, poster art and photos from the set."

Here's an image of the gift set:

Name:	gift-set.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	362801

"In celebration of its 30th anniversary, Warner Home Video (WHV) will end the film's moratorium with the debut of a beautiful new commemorative 4-Disc Blu-rayâ„¢ + DVD Combo Pack which also includes an Ultra Violet (UV) copy of The Final Cut feature. This comprehensive gift set edition includes The Final Cut version of the feature presented on both Blu-ray and DVD, as well as the other four versions: 1992 Director's Cut, Domestic and International Theatrical versions, and the rare Workprint feature version previously only available in the 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition. The set also boasts never-before-seen production photos with more than 1,000 archival images presented in hi-definition, a 72-page production art book with printed versions of the newly discovered art, a collectible Spinner car replica from an official concept sketch conceived by Blade Runner's visual futurist Syd Mead, and collectible motion lenticular card. In addition, included are all 10+ hours of bonus content from the critically acclaimed 2007 Ultimate Collector's Edition."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Somehow I missed this, but apparantly it's been talked about for a while now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3604[/ATTACH]

It's going to be a four disc combo pack release. Being billed as a 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition, streets on 10/23/12 (Amazon listing).

"“The #1 Sci-Fi Film of all time” marks itss return post 10 month moratorium with an all new 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD and UV 30th Anniversary commemorative gift set. Revisit the illustrious Final Cut on Blu-ray, DVD and get a UV copy of the feature. Additionally, the gift set features an all new concept spinner car for your collection, action Lenticular and a 72 page art production book with never-before-seen Ridley sketches, poster art and photos from the set."

Here's an image of the gift set:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3605[/ATTACH]

"In celebration of its 30th anniversary, Warner Home Video (WHV) will end the film's moratorium with the debut of a beautiful new commemorative 4-Disc Blu-rayâ„¢ + DVD Combo Pack which also includes an Ultra Violet (UV) copy of The Final Cut feature. This comprehensive gift set edition includes The Final Cut version of the feature presented on both Blu-ray and DVD, as well as the other four versions: 1992 Director's Cut, Domestic and International Theatrical versions, and the rare Workprint feature version previously only available in the 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition. The set also boasts never-before-seen production photos with more than 1,000 archival images presented in hi-definition, a 72-page production art book with printed versions of the newly discovered art, a collectible Spinner car replica from an official concept sketch conceived by Blade Runner's visual futurist Syd Mead, and collectible motion lenticular card. In addition, included are all 10+ hours of bonus content from the critically acclaimed 2007 Ultimate Collector's Edition."
    I already have the briefcase set from a few years ago. But I know I will end up buying this.

Comment

I'm glad I don't like this film. It's about as over-released as the Evil Dead films.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        I'm glad I don't like this film. It's about as over-released as the Evil Dead films.
        Racist

Comment

No more...please I cant take it!!

EDIT: they are just looking for trouble from certain members of this forum with THAT cover!!

Comment

Name:	19526927.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	339155
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really need to get this but how many Blade Runner sets do I need? As much as I love this movie, Mark is right. However, I will still get it...grumble...grumble:cuckoo:

Comment

F that Unicorn in the A.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Unicorn F you in the A!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is getting a 4k release in September.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21585
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      not a fan of Ridley Scott. his movies do have good/great scenes but the movies as a whole do not float my boat

Comment

curious about the sequel cuz i like Incendies, Sicario, and Prisoners. The Arrival is pretty good too

Comment

As long at they also include the Workprint Cut (the best version), or at least the theatrical/international where Deckard's humanity is in doubt, I'm happy. The Final Cut is just way way too weighted towards Deckard as a Replicant.

Comment

I agree. The international cut is my favorite.
                            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I need to give the International Cut another watch. Haven't seen it in over 10 years and that was on VHS. Love the Final Cut.

Comment

Working...
                              X