No announcement yet.

Thomas Jane's PUNISHER shortfan film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seemed to get a LITTLE bit of the Punisher right in each of the movies......

They need to blend them together and then add this short and its tone and they would have a winner....

Strange, before they made the movies, I presumed that PUNISHER would be one of the EASIER comic books to translate to film....

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
      They seemed to get a LITTLE bit of the Punisher right in each of the movies......
      I agree with this.

In some ways, I think that the decision to drop the skull t-shirt in the Lundgren film was right. At the time the film came out, it bothered me, but in retrospect I can see why it could be said that the skull t-shirt works in the comic books but not on the screen. I don't necessarily agree with this, but I can see where Goldblatt et al where coming from.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I remember as a kid when the Dolph movie came out that we were going to boycott it because he didn't have the skull on his chest.

That boycott lasted as long as it took for the movie to come out on VHS, at which point we rented it and enjoyed it but complained pretty constantly about the lack of skull. It seemed far more important to me as a kid than as an adult, but it still irks a little part of me every time I watch it that it's missing.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think it would be good to keep the skull iconography, it is a comic book adaptation after-all. If you remove that it could just seem a standard action flick, which I find is true of the Dolph film.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
            I think it would be good to keep the skull iconography, it is a comic book adaptation after-all. If you remove that it could just seem a standard action flick, which I find is true of the Dolph film.
            The Punisher has always been sort of a Death Wish rip off...
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Anything where the movie concentrates on the main characters revenge against the people who killed his loved ones will be called "death Wish rip off"...Just goes to show the ICON that Bronson was!!!

Comment

Working...
              X