Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Jane's PUNISHER shortfan film

Anyone else see this?

Him and Ron perlman got together to make a short (10 min) return for the PUNISHER with Jane in the lead role again....

Anyone think the Hollywood producers will see this and give them a shot to make a feature like this....It is FAR better than the film version!!!

Saw this yesterday, meant to post it. It shows a lot of promise. It's pretty cool that the two of them got together for this - it's getting enough buzz that it just might get them another shot at a feature. I did enjoy War Zone a lot though...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Me too..War Zone was a pretty good action movie.....definitely violent enough....

I think I remember reading the director of this new short also did U2 RATTLE AND HUM....

EDIT: or maybe he would be better pushing for a PUNISHER TV SERIES...maybe HBO

Comment

Either way, if done right, it'd be cool. There's plenty of different stories and directions they could go with using the character and Jane was good in the role.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Won't Jane get in trouble for making this?.....i mean, does he have the legal rights to do it??...I thought MARVEL was touchy about these things.....or does that only apply to artists ???

Comment

Not sure. There was no money made on it and I think in order to sue for damages, money has to be made.

Did DC sue over that Batman fan film that got all that buzz a few years ago? I don't think they did.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ah yeah..you are probably right about the money aspect....but surely they dont want people going off making their own version of MARVEL characters...

EDIT....but there are ROBIN, BATMAN and a whole range of other fanfilms (pretty professional ones too) out there..Just unusual for actual movie stars to make their own!!!

Found this online

DC Comics was known to actively discourage the creation of fan movies in the 1990s. In 2008, however, DC Comics changed its tune when its president, Paul Levitz, gave provisional permission to fan filmmakers, stating definitively, "We're against anything that monetizes our assets and our copyrights without our permission. We are not against things where people use our assets if they don't do anything monetarily with them.
              sukebanboy
              Last edited by sukebanboy; 07-17-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                Found this online
                This seems unusually sound and reasonable coming from a big faceless corporation.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think the Thomas Jane Punisher was a little underrated. If it was more violent and had a more vengeful Punisher it would've been way better. This short rectifies that to say the least.

Hope something comes of this. The same thing happened with that teaser for a reboot of Mortal Kombat which lead to a pretty damn good web series and forthcoming new movie.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Personally I hold the Thomas Jane Punisher as the best. War Zone and the Dolph versions are alright but there is something about the Jane version, just a great flick. And a nice short, really hope something more will come out of it.
                    Collection: http://geten.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                      I think the Thomas Jane Punisher was a little underrated. If it was more violent and had a more vengeful Punisher it would've been way better. This short rectifies that to say the least.
                      I sort of enjoyed the Tom Jane Punisher movie, but had some issues with it - the boozing, the moping, the rewriting of the character's 'backstory' (although it was nice to see Roy Scheider), the weak villain. That said, I'd like to see him get another stab at the character, but I doubt it's high on Marvel's priority list.
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Nice short.

that 3:1 aspect ratio is a bit too wide. Needs to be opened up on top & bottom a bit.

I liked the brutality of War Zone, and I like Thomas Jane as a lead. I hope something comes from this.

More Punisher please.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                          Ah yeah..you are probably right about the money aspect....but surely they dont want people going off making their own version of MARVEL characters...

EDIT....but there are ROBIN, BATMAN and a whole range of other fanfilms (pretty professional ones too) out there..Just unusual for actual movie stars to make their own!!!

Found this online
                          Wasn't Boner from Growing Pains in the Batman Deadend Fan film?

Comment

Not a clue.....but I also saw one called GRAYSON that was a pretty solid short about Robin...

Comment

Nicely done, it would be great to seem to do something closer to the Ennis comics, I liked War Zone but it became a little too action-flickish near the end, I'd prefer something tighter in structure.

Comment

Working...
                              X