Lords of the Street - B-action with DMX and Kris Kristofferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lords of the Street - B-action with DMX and Kris Kristofferson

I got this film in a pack of 12 movies for less then the price of a renatal. I had never heard of it, but I felt it could be fun. When I mentioned this in another thread, Ian Jane asked that I made a thread for it when I had watched it. So here goes!

The film is about the most cliché film I have ever seen. Every single line of dialogue is re-cycled from at least 10 other cop movies.
    DMX and Kris Kristofferson star as two New Orleans detectives whom bicker about music, more specifically Willie Nelson vs. Tupac.

A mexican drug lord is busted free from a hospital (which looks way to un sanitary to be a real hospital) by badgbuys disguised as hospital staff. One of whom pulls an UZI with a silencer from a cupboard in which such a gun obvisously would never fit into. This leads our hearoes on a chase after this drug lord and his wake of murders. (Are these cops into hunting fugitives, narcotis or homicide? Apparently they have universal jurisdiction and never need to interact with other cops then cliched superiors whom are constantly angry and erratic for no reason)

Now, the film could have been fun it they had just bothered a bit more with the production qualities. But when the guns are given obvious CGI muzzle flashes, and the car scenes have worse blue screen then 60s james bond movies combined with the fact that the proper scenes have been shot in lower resolution then the stock footage of the city which is used between every two scenes to tie them together, it just becomes to cheap to be taken seriously.

And when Kris Kristofferson obviously blows a few of his lines without them bother to reshoot these, it just becomes to much of poor moviemaking for this b-movie to be even "so bad it is good" and it tumbles straight into "so bad it is unwatchable" territory.

A shame considering the DMX - Kris Kristofferson combo was intreaguing. (also, they seem to be the only actors in the film with any previous acting experience, since everyone else overacts in an extremely amateurish way )
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

I had hoped this would be 'so bad it's good' but you have dashed my hopes and dreams, and probably saved me a few bucks as well.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Indeed I have. It had great potential.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I didn't realize it was out on Blu-ray.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lords-of-the-Street--Blu-ray---2008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	339090
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's a pretty bad cover right there.....

Comment

Working...
          X