R.I.P. Ernest Borgnine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    While that's probably not what a lot of people will remember him for, he was AWESOME in that part.
    I just think its great that he did such a variety of stuff and wasn't afraid to try different genres. Borgnine clearly loved acting, and he leaves behind a pretty amazing legacy.

Comment

Comment

Indican Pictures will be releasing Borgnine's last feature, according to Variety.

Indican Pictures has acquired North American rights to Ernest Borgnine's final film, "The Man Who Shook the Hand of Vicente Fernandez."

Indican will release the film theatrically in Los Angeles in October, and then expand to additional cities. It also will launch an awards campaign centered on Borgnine's performance.

"Vicente" is written and directed by Elia Petridis, and produced by Darren Brandl and Dave O'Brien. Barry Corbin, Carla Ortiz, Dale Dickey and Tony Plana also star.

Borgnine stars as a stubborn man who becomes the local hero of his nursing home upon leading the Latino staff in a revolt against the home's tyrannical owner.
        "Vicente" premiered in April at the Newport Beach Intl. Film Festival. Borgnine won the festival's outstanding achievement in acting award.

Borgnine died in July with more than 200 film and TV credits. He won an Academy Award for his portrayal of a lovelorn butcher in 1955's "Marty." The deal was negotiated by Shaun Hill of Indican and Maren Olsen of Traction Media for the producers.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

don't forget the AIRWOLF documentry I made a thread about...he is likely to be HEAVILY featured in it!

Comment

Working...
          X