ROBOCOP remake(2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    I await the inevitable STARSHIP TROOPERS "re-imagining" with bated rage.
    Considering all the Heinlein fanatics who hated Verhoeven's parodic 're-imagining' of his authoritarian tract, a remake of that one would make some kind of sense, although in that case a more faithful adaptation would lead to a much worse film.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
      Considering all the Heinlein fanatics who hated Verhoeven's parodic 're-imagining' of his authoritarian tract, a remake of that one would make some kind of sense, although in that case a more faithful adaptation would lead to a much worse film.
      Yeah I think they shoulld just go with the more faithful adaptation of the book...then no one gets pissed off...Fanboys get what they want...and Verhoevens fans cant whine about them killing his version..

Comment

Some concept art has emerged that looks much better than anything we've seen so far. io9 is suggesting that this would seem to confirm the previous rumors that there will be multiple Robocop "suits" in the film.

Comment

Yeah, seems like the initial response could have been an over-reaction. I've never understood the tendency of the fanboy audience to over-analyze a film before it's even been released (never understand why you'd want to read the script of a film before it comes out, then complain about spoilers in film reviews).

Comment

Thats looking better!!.....

Now, all they have to convince us of now is that the script is good (its been slammed online...though I have not read it)
            and that the film has not been compromised by "the suits" (hence the delayed release etc etc)

In fact, they just have to convince us that it si worth remaking this at all!!

Comment

Wow, this movie is gonna be a mess, by the sounds of it.

My guess: it'll be in the theatre for about 5 minutes, flop horribly, then make its money back on video/iTunes, etc.

Looks to be a cult classic in the making.

Comment

Having different concept art doesn't necessarily confirm there are multiple suits, things change often from the conceptual stages to the screen. That one does look more like the original, in fact in looks like they took that shiny suit and just made it matte black.

The suit seems to be the least of this flick's problem, though.

Comment

So somebody got ahold of the licensing guide for the movie and scanned some images from it, they've been posted on Bloody Disgusting here.
                  Attached Files
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Robocop has a Robo-cycle. Sweet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	406921_523414367668906_1813712672_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	340232
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He also has human hands?

Comment

I guess so, yeah.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Still not getting any good vibes from this one............yet (see I havent COMPLETELY given up hope!)

..but NEARLY!!

Comment

Remember Ultron from The Avengers comics? He kinda looks like Ultron meets Guyver meets Batman meets Iron Man.

He doesn't really look like Robocop though.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Remember Ultron from The Avengers comics? He kinda looks like Ultron meets Guyver meets Batman meets Iron Man.
                              LOL...typical Hollywood suits move...trying to cover all fan bases!!!

Seriously though, when we compare the pre-release images of the original ROBOCOP to these....how can a 25 year old movie look better (and by all accounts actually BE better) than a new movie with bigger budget and better technology???

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	311146_10151362875447214_649148749_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	340237
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X