Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh WTF did they do?

He looks like the Guyver!!

I hope to god they reshoot it. That is laughably bad.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

He doesn't even look as cool as Guyver, he looks like... I dunno. Batman sort of?

DUMB.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Maybe that's just some other robo-shmoe? Robo Parking Enforcer?

Comment

That is FAR worse than I thought they would ever manage to do....Well done to them for all the hard work!!!

i hope to God this is not the final design for Robocop..FFS, he's wearing a MOTORCYCLE helmet!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!

MAYBE, just maybe...this will be the POLICE UNIFORM he wears before becoming the robocop....I could accept that it might be a futuristic cop uniform....FINGERS CROSSED!!!
          sukebanboy
          Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

That's not a bad point - you could be right. You're probably not though. But here's hoping!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
              That is FAR worse than I thought they would ever manage to do....Well done to them for all the hard work!!!

i hope to God this is not the final design for Robocop..FFS, he's wearing a MOTORCYCLE helmet!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!

MAYBE, just maybe...this will be the POLICE UNIFORM he wears before becoming the robocop....I could accept that it might be a futuristic cop uniform....FINGERS CROSSED!!!
              I was kinda' hoping that maybe the suite is a base and maybe they're going to apply CGI to it to hide the shittiness?

Comment

Didn't a summary come out a while back that said there were going to be several different versions of the Robocop suit in the movie? Perhaps there might also be ones that, I don't know, looks good and/or like Robocop...

Damn that thing sucks.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe this is a prototype and the real suite will be shown later? Like that scene in Robocop 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timfETD-N4o

Comment

In the picture where he is walking, he only has one glove on...which is the reason I thought it might be police-man rather than robocop mode....

Seriously hope so...

Or, like was already mentioned, they might CGI some shit over it...that may be WORSE!!!

Comment

Why does Robocop need to be remade in the first place? Was the original film deficient in some aspect that it needs correcting today?

That suit looks like it was cobbled together from spare Gundam/Robotech model parts.

Comment

Well, I guess it's a question of where else could you go from Robocop 3? Lewis died. OCP was in shambles and Old Detroit has been saved. That is ignoring how wretched Robocop 3 was in general.

What do you do with Robocop 4? Have him fight another cyborg (done in part 2) or another rival corporation (done in part 3) or have an intense character study? Which would never happen because the suites want an action film.

Only other thing they could've done would be adapt the Robocop VS the Terminator comic.
                        Alex K.
                        Last edited by Alex K.; 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Well they could of had Robocop fight Chucky, Jason, or Freddy. ;)

Comment

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash vs Robocop vs Pinhead vs the Clones of Bruce Lee vs Ilsa in the Devil's Triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                              Well, I guess it's a question of where else could you go from Robocop 3? Lewis died. OCP was in shambles and Old Detroit has been saved. That is ignoring how wretched Robocop 3 was in general.

What do you do with Robocop 4? Have him fight another cyborg (done in part 2) or another rival corporation (done in part 3) or have an intense character study? Which would never happen because the suites want an action film.

Only other thing they could've done would be adapt the Robocop VS the Terminator comic.
                              They could have shown how ROBOCOP adjusts to retirement now that he is no longer needed on the front lines.....Would have been better than a remake!!

They could also have done how he copes when they build a BETTER robocop than him...

They could have had an alien invasion....

They could have re-programmed him to do a different job....

They could have had ROBOCOP IN SPACE....Robocop in da hood......

They could have switched him off for a hundred years and then started him up again due to a new problem....

They could have just left the franchise alone (my favourite idea!!)...didnt they murder the series with first the "kid friendly" part 3...and then the tv series???
                              sukebanboy
                              Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-16-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

There were some very kid friendly comic books from Marvel for a while too. Robocop always worked best in an R rated environment.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X