ROBOCOP remake(2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAST UPDATE...(from DEADLINE)

Jackie Earle Haley has been cast in Jose Padilha's ROBOCOP, along with Gary Oldman, Samuel Jackson, Hugh Laurie, Abbie Cornish, and Joel Kinnaman. Jay Baruchel is also considering taking a role in the reboot, according to Deadline.

Haley will play Maddox, the man who helps train Robocop in the ways of the military.

Comment

Aside from Kinnaman I feel it is a well cast film. But I am still very sceptical.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Haley is super underrated I think. I agree with Der Swede, good cast, but the idea of remaking the movie in the first place makes me a bit grumpy.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sounds like Padilha may be butting heads with the studio on this project.

"Meirelles has been quoted as saying that "I talked to José Padilha last week by phone, he will begin filming RoboCop [but] he is saying that it is the worst experience. For every ten ideas he has, nine are cut. Whatever he wants, he has to fight [for]".

He continued, saying "'This is hell here,'" he told me. "'The film will be good, but I never suffered so much and do not want to do it again.' He is bitter, but he's a fighter."
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I KNEW he woudln't be able to do what he wants...but then again, which director can REALLY say he has final cut???

I am SURE the studios watched IRON MAN and thought.."hey...we have a similar character franchise....except the big twist is....wait for it.....HE Is a CYBORG...and he is a policeman!!!"

Then some one said " but they are NOTHING alike"

Studio reply " Make ROBOCOP fly, have sarcastic one liners and take off his helmet for the majority of the movie.....people will lap it up!!!"

Comment

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/08/m...on-robocop.php

Comment

Ooh! Good choice!
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Damn it.

Comment

You don't like the Burton movies or Pacific Heights?

Comment

I honestly couldnt see Hugh Laurie as a bad guy in this...It is good fortune that he is out I think....Probably because I grew up with FRY AND LAURIE, JEEVES and WOOSTER etc etc....

they will be hard pressed to find someone to take over this iconic role from the original...not sure Keaton has the acting chops for it either...they need someone truly arrogant and slimy for the role I think...

nobody comes to mind at the moment...

Comment

Keaton does make a good villain. Check out Pacific Heights or Desperate Hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                          You don't like the Burton movies or Pacific Heights?
                          I do. That's the problem. This remake was generally looking like something I was gonna steer clear of...but if Keaton is in it I know I'm gonna end up watching it.

Comment

While I do like the choice, I'm in the same predicament, I fear.

Comment

Keaton gives me a little faith in this. But only a little.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yuck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	228942_10151060517676872_945925288_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	339704

Click image for larger version

Name:	558303_10151221657290808_527569075_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB