Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Andy Griffith!

He passed away at 86 this morning.

"Beloved actor Andy Griffith died this morning.

Former UNC President Bill Friday says The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock actor died at his home in Dare County, North Carolina around 7 a.m."

Click image for larger version

Name:	andy-griffith-03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	362768
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

86 is good long life.

Comment

Was just coming here to start a thread...RIP Andy. Perhaps the greatest sitcom ever in The Andy Griffith Show. I can still watch the b&w episodes (the Don Knotts era) after countless times and still find them funny. Fantastic ensemble cast with Andy as the straight man. There were plenty of hilarious episodes but this show did the human side with such a deft touch, I still get a lump in my throat at the end of the Mr. McBeevee episode...

If you think Andy couldn't act, check out A FACE IN THE CROWD, a still hard-hitting story about a phony "man of the people". He also made some surprisingly grim, near horror at times tv films in the early 1970s. Maybe it's a southern thing but he will always have a fan here. Seemed like a decent guy in real life too.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Awwww. My grandfather loved him so much. Andy Griffith and Matlock were on constantly. Seemed like such a nice guy.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
        X