Oldest unwatched DVD in your collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest unwatched DVD in your collection

My 'to watch' pile grows constantly, as I'm sure almost everyone else's does. With busy lives, it can be easy to acquire a DVD and see it slowly get passed by in favour of newer acquisitions or old favourites.

I'm ashamed to say that back in 2001, I bought the Tartan Asia Extreme release of Myung-Se Lee's NOWHERE TO HIDE, which I still haven't watched. {Embarrassed face.} Although I've still got some DVDs I bought at the birth of the format in 1998/1999, I reckon this is the oldest unwatched DVD in my collection. What's yours?

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Way back when I bought one of those cool German hardbox versions of a Franco film... something about Dracula.... Dracula Prisoner Of Frankenstien maybe. But it was a clothed variation though. Somehow clothed, sanitised Franco lacks appeal.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
      Way back when I bought one of those cool German hardbox versions of a Franco film... something about Dracula.... Dracula Prisoner Of Frankenstien maybe. But it was a clothed variation though. Somehow clothed, sanitised Franco lacks appeal.
      Ah, was it that X-Rated release of EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN? Shame the 'unclothed' version of that movie hasn't appeared on DVD yet.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

That sounds familiar- all my DVDs are in storage at the moment so I can't dig it out to check. Really how can you release a clean, clothed version of a film called Erotic Rites Of Frankenstein?
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Off the top of my head... The Fountain was a day 1 purchase for me. It's still sitting on the shelf, sealed, unwatched and unloved.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not counting dvd-rs I'm going to have to go with SLITHER which I picked up at Big Lots in early 2011.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I still have not watched Luc Bessons Angel-A which I bought when it was new. What might that be? 4-5 years ago?
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

You should, it's pretty great.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Probably The Three Colors Trilogy.

Comment

More than likely it's Nico Mastorakis' THE WIND. Got it from an FYE (which has since closed) in 02 or so. I suspect I will go to my grave with the seal still unbroken.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Andrew, don't let that happen.

Comment

^^
                        also, Wings Hauser and Robert Morley... together at last.

Comment

If we are including DVDs that we started but never finished, the 2001 release of Bad Lieutenant (Original NC-17 Version) was one of the first I ever purchased. Never finished watching it.

Otherwise it would be Go (Special Edition) or Blame it on Rio. Purchased sometime between 2001 and 2004 but never watched. I've seen both movies before though.

Comment

Seijun Suzuki Kimstim Taisho Trilogy boxset. Seems like I've had this around forever & never even bothered to take the shrink wrap off yet.

Comment

Upstairs Downstairs. About a year ago, I upgraded from the old, really awful set with the screwed up transfers to the newer anniversary set, with much imprioved transfers, plus commentaries, documentaries, etc. But I haven't even started in on the first season yet.

After that, the Midnight In Paris Blu. It came out pretty close after I saw it in theaters, so I just watched the brief featurette (first real extra on a Woody Allen movie ever!), but not the movie yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X