X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Ending To Phase IV Found

Mondo Digital pointed out this article on Facebook:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ramount-341449

Judging by the utterly pathetic effort put into the cover of the new dvd-r that just came out, I predict the studio will lift not a finger to make this footage available to the public.

Look at that thing:
    http://www.amazon.com/Phase-IV-Nigel.../dp/1606730266
    WHY? When they had an amazing poster and VHS cover to draw from?
    www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Yeah, the cover isn't great. It's not a DVD-R though, it's a pressed disc.

Is Paramount still licensing stuff out to Legend Films? I think they're more or less doing all the older oddball catalogue stuff with Olive Films now.

Neither Legend nor Olive ever did much in the way of extras, so I suspect Robin is right and that this won't hit DVD any time soon - though this would be a good reason to reissue it. I bet a few people would double dip on it if there were some good extras included.

The end of the article states:

"At the same time, the footage looked beautiful when screened on 35mm - in fact, better than the quality of the print used to show the theatrical cut - and could easily be digitized and remastered for a DVD or even Blu-ray release. Like with so many cult titles, however, in addition to maintaining the rights to the material, distributors must feel that there is an audience for it before they will undertake the time, effort and money required to remaster the footage and release it officially."

Such a fucking cool movie.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like the film quite a bit but I'm not sure I would double dip for this even if they did rerelease it.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
        X