Raging Bull II - Now With More Heart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raging Bull II - Now With More Heart!

So, believe it or not, there's a sequel to Raging Bull in the works, or at least so says IndieWire.com. Apparantly the pictures at the link confirm it, one of which I'm going to repost here in case you don't want to deal with the ads and pop ups over there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RagingBull2-Fight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	362761

Martin Guigui is writing and directing and the movie will star William Forsythe who says:

“I understand that because it's such an iconic, beautiful and amazing first film -- one of the great films maybe of all time. But our story has a lot more heart and I think it's a beautiful depiction of who Jake really is.”

The movie also stars Tom Sizemore, Joe Mantegna, Natasha Henstridge and Penelope Ann Miller.

More from the article:

Fittingly, perhaps the most revealing quote comes for LaMotta himself, when asked about his reaction to the new film's existence. “I'd never have believed it in a million years. But they think it's interesting enough to do it. They must know something.” And perhaps Guigui & co. do, but they're certainly showing no evidence of it quite yet. And that goes double for the soundtrack, as Shyan Selah (!?) was just hired to write a song for the movie.

My thoughts? Yuck. Stop fucking around with movies that don't need sequels in hopes of cashing in on the classic status of the original. I don't want to say there's no way this will be good because I honestly don't know, but the fact that I really like Forsythe isn't enough for my gut instinct to assume this will be awful. I'd love to be wrong because the world can always use more good movies. But, yeah...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Martin Guigui is writing and directing and the movie will star William Forsythe who says:

“I understand that because it's such an iconic, beautiful and amazing first film -- one of the great films maybe of all time.

So dont spoil it by making a crappy direct-to-dvd sequel (probably) that no one wants!!....

Comment

Coming soon: "The Taxi Driver II", starring Jared Leto as Tevis Brickelle.

it is not right.

Comment

Raging Bull II starring fat has-beens.

F this S in the A. It looks idiotic. I like Forsythe, but come on. More heart? Shut your stupid mouth.

Comment

From the 1980s British sketch show HALE AND PACE:
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Well, good to know that not only Horror films are subject to unnecessary cheap sequels made by hack/thieves destined for the DTV market.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
              Coming soon: "The Taxi Driver II", starring Jared Leto as Tevis Brickelle.

it is not right.
              I'm not aware of too many things
              I know what I know if you know what I mean

Comment

Close down the film industry. Its been a fun ride but all things must end someday.

Comment

Not so fast there guys...

Comment

"MGM wants the courts to order production on Raging Bull 2, which is currently filming in LA, stopped. Additionally, the studio wants to make sure the indie movie never sees the light of day. MGM also wants compensatory damages and punitive and exemplary damages and more “awarded in an amount sufficient to punish the RB II defendants and to deter those who would commit or knowingly seek to profit from similar actions, now or in the future.”

This is an interesting development. Since it's in production I wonder if they'll just change things around and release it as a different movie under a different title?
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Did you read the comments? This should stop any future production of "BETTERFELLAS"? Hahahaha.

Comment

Huh.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't know what to think. Has some talent in front of the camera at least. Except for Joe Mantegna doing the Fat Tony voice.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Yeah...some decent names picking up a rent check there for sure............

Comment

Raging Bull II - Now With More Heart!

I dunno. I'm kinda into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X