A feature film about CBGB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A feature film about CBGB???

Uh....a documentary would probably be better. I don't want to be negative and say it's going to suck but ....well, it's probably going to suck.

http://www.theatermania.com/los-ange...kma_56804.html

"Stage and screen star Alan Rickman will play Hilly Kristal, the founder of the famous East Village punk-rock club, who died in 2007."

"According to the site, Stana Katic will play singer and producer Genya Ryan; Joel David Moore will play Joey Ramone; Rupert Grint is playing Cheetah Chrome, the guitarist for The Dead Boys; Malin Akerman will appear as Deborah Harry, Julian Acosta will play Johnny Ramone; Richard De Klerk will portray CBGB soundman Taxi; Josh Zuckerman will play Punk magazine creator John Holmstrom; Ryan Hurst will appear as Mad Mountain; and Estelle Harris will play Hilly's mother, Bertha Kristal."

It's gonna suck.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yup. Rather get a handjob from a coworker.

Comment

Sounds like a contender for movie that sucks the most.

Comment

Ladies and gentleman, Rupert Grint as Cheetah Chrome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	grosssssssssssss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	338928
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Daniel Radcliffe as Handsome Dick Manitoba. :-D

Kidding.

Comment

Wow this sounds horrible. Next they will get Carol Channing to play Dee Dee Ramone.

Comment

The Runawaysploitation movie didn't entirely suck. This smells like the same pitch to market: 70s/80s necrostalgia demographic, but with a today cast to excite the kids. That said, the drawing power of Rupert Grint is hugely potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                  The Runawaysploitation movie didn't entirely suck.

'
                  We must have been watching different movies.

Comment

Like the existentialists say, we are all of us free, despairing in our own private cineplex, pfft. Hell is other people's movies; or the impossibility thereof.

I think it helped that I didn't care how they savaged anybody's memory. Also, total elapsed time to menses was like three minutes. B+, 8/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                      Like the existentialists say, we are all of us free, despairing in our own private cineplex, pfft. Hell is other people's movies; or the impossibility thereof.

I think it helped that I didn't care how they savaged anybody's memory. Also, total elapsed time to menses was like three minutes. B+, 8/10.
                      Haha, fair enough. I had just finished watching EDGEPLAY as well. Like WALK THE LINE, I just don't care for fictitious interpretations of real-life events based on the lives of celebrities. I realize that the majority of movie-goers aren't going to care about watching documentaries because they don't have Kristen Stewart in them, but I'll take EDGEPLAY over the RUNAWAYS, DOGTOWN AND Z-BOYS over LORDS OF DOGTOWN, and ANYTHING over WALK THE LINE.

Comment

Yeah, authenticity is nice. I'll take BEVERLY HILLBILLIES over MALIBU COUNTRY any day.

I'm still investigating my standards for suckage.

Comment

You guys are assholes. I'm outta here.

Comment

Just make sure that after you leave you cut and paste lots of shit from here on your blog. But don't refer to the site by name, just the forum members.

Ladies and gentlemen, Cheetah Chrome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rupert-grint-harry-potter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	338934
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

http://rupertgrintpics.blogspot.com/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...