Death Wish II, III & IV Coming To Blu-ray 8/14/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Edwards View Post
    He snagged em from my VD Facebook page, I cropped them from Wal-Mart's site using the prt sc method. No biggie, just wondering!
    They snagged my image for the DW2 Blu-ray cover too, it happens. And 5 seconds after I cropped the three and posted'em here, they were on DVD News Flash. It happens all the time. The nature of the beast - though credit should be given where credit is due. Bug your images if you're concerned about it. Lots of places do.

Originally posted by Justin Edwards View Post
    Really excited for these releases, shamefully have never seen any Death Wish film. Hope this leads to more Cannon flicks getting some HD love.
    You need to fix that. Between these, the Norris Blu's, and the German Cannon releases, there's a lot coming out this summer. Ideally, it's just the beginning as MGM has a LOT in their catalogue.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If you're using firefox (and if not, ask yourself, why amn't I using firefox?), this might be a handy trick:
      1. Right-click on the frame/page with the image, and select "View Page Info" or "This Frame/View Frame Info".
      2. Click on the "Media" icon to see all the graphics used on the page.
      3. Scroll down until you see the hi-res picture you want to grab.
      4. Click on "Save as" if you want a local copy, and/or
      5. Right-click on the list to copy the URL, which you can paste into your image-hosting site, say.

Comment

Re: CELLAT. It'd be funny if thugs raped his wife and then HE had to kill her. You know, because of the dishonor.

Comment

Rape irony.

Comment

I probably won't buy part 2 if it isn't uncut, but still very excited about a blu for DEATH WISH 3!

PS: I just got a blu ray player. Finally.
            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

There are reports on Blu-ray.com that DWII is the R-rated cut, not the uncut version that has been showing on the MGM HD Channel.

Stupid!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That is mega stupid!
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

STILL makes me laugh when they dont release the UNCUT versions after all these years.....I know it may be a RIGHTS issue or some other technicality, but SURELY they would sell more if they released the UNCUT ones??

Comment

Obviously, I can't claim it's not a rights issue as I have no knowledge about that but... how??? It's an American film that's not being released uncut in America (but everywhere else except for (I think) the UK). Very odd.

Has somebody actually tried to get in touch with the people behind the release to ask them?
                    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

And it's being shown uncut on the MGM HD channel. Makes. No. Sense.

UNLESS they had done the master for the old DVD in HD and are just using that master, instead of the HD master of the uncut version? That'd be dumb though.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        That'd be dumb though.
                        Sad to say that this reason has never stopped anyone before!

Comment

Well, that's less blu rays I have to buy, at least. What fools.
                          www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Dumb dumb dumb. I hold out hope for an uncut DW II in Europe or Australia at some point though. At least 3 is coming..

Comment

Watched the Blu-ray last night, it is what it is. The transfer is pretty decent though. Full reviews for all three coming this week with lots of pretty screen caps and stuff. I wish it had been uncut, but honestly, the next time I watch it I'll probably go for the Blu-ray for the improved picture quality over the uncut R2 with the extra rapey stuff.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X