X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Wish II, III & IV Coming To Blu-ray 8/14/2012

So says this link:

http://www.mgm.com/news/

They'll probably be barebones and probably won't be uncut but I'll still get them anyway.

Paramount needs to get off their ass and release the first one and I'm pretty sure V is owned by Lionsgate so we're not going to get a boxed set or anything but this makes me happy regardless just to see these coming out on the format.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's annoying. I like Death Wish 2, and 3 is fun, but the first one is so amazing, I can't believe it's not out yet. Dammit.

Comment

Isn't it only #2 that is cut in the US? #3 and 4 are uncut on dvd. Over at the Maniacs someone mentioned that the cable tv version (of #2) that is being shown in the US is actually the uncut version - so maybe there's hope for an uncut blue.
      Jack J
      Last edited by Jack J; 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: korrect stoopid Englisch grammar!
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Yeah, I think it's only 2 that got cut. My opening post kinda infers 3 and 4 were, but I don't think they ever were.

If the MGM HD broadcast of it (it being DW2) has been uncut, that's a good sign.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Covers are kinda cool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dw4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	338935

Name:	dw2.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	338936

Name:	dw3.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	338937
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've never seen part 5 but everyone seems to think it's terrible. Is it? Have you guys seen it?

Comment

I have the Canadian Lionsgate DVD. Haven't watched it in years, but I don't remember it all that fondly and recall it being a pretty big step down from the other four. But still, it's Bronson as Kersey, and that counts for something.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks, Ian. Good or less good I really ought to get hold of it at some stage in any case. As you said it's Bronson!

Btw, no DEATH WISH thread without mentioning the Turkish remake :D

Comment

CELLAT CELLAT CELLAT! I love that trailer and I love that movie.

You can get the DW5 DVD pretty cheap. I think I paid $5 or so for it and didn't feel ripped off.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Did you get those cover art pics from my Video Dungeon album, Ian? Would appreciate the credit sir! Having to copy and paste them from Wal-Mart's site almost drove me to suicide.

Comment

Nope, they're resized/cropped images from the Walmart site that originated from Blu-ray.com (and of the DVD images - assuming the Blu's will be the same though I haven't seen them pop up anywhere yet).

And don't go crazy trying to snag images from there, just use the prt scrn button. It works like a charm.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Further, given that the Blu-ray art for DW2 posted here (and which came from MGM's PR dept. and is therefore legit) matches the DVD art, it's a safe bet DW3 and DW4 will follow suit.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And, for the sake of beating a dead horse, that BR.com thread's opening post now has the BD art for DW3 posted in it, which also matches the DVD.

Name:	3L0Tk.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	338939
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Nope, they're resized/cropped images from the Walmart site that originated from Blu-ray.com (and of the DVD images - assuming the Blu's will be the same though I haven't seen them pop up anywhere yet).
                              He snagged em from my VD Facebook page, I cropped them from Wal-Mart's site using the prt sc method. No biggie, just wondering!

Really excited for these releases, shamefully have never seen any Death Wish film. Hope this leads to more Cannon flicks getting some HD love.

Comment

Working...
                              X