Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	A-Night-in-the-Woods-Movie-Poster-585x440.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	339366
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wow shes on more packaging than aunt Jemima.

Comment

Haha SOOOO LAZY!!

How hard is it to take your own photo, or pay a photographer to take one for you? You would think it would be worth the tiny effort that would take, simply to not have the same chick on your cover as a dozen other movies and books.
        www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Name:	Elevator_top_image.jpg
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	339601
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Bougie View Post
            How hard is it to take your own photo, or pay a photographer to take one for you? You would think it would be worth the tiny effort that would take, simply to not have the same chick on your cover as a dozen other movies and books.
            It's one of the most fun parts of the process. Though expensive. Top find. I can't believe people are doing this. I use stock images all the time for show posters, bar adverts etc and always felt dirty for it but I can honestly say that despite using these regularly it never even occurred to me that I could do it for a film.

BTW Robin I was surprised the other day to come across a copy of Cinema Sewer in a Melbourne bookstore the other day. Congrats on the distribution.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

We use stock images all the time at work for product packaging - lifestyle shots, goofy stuff like that. I'd never want to do it to represent something creative that I'd had a part in, however.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3864[/ATTACH]
                  They used the same fucking image for the Blu-ray art too.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm not sure if this thread is limited to re-uses of that Absentia stock photo, but I found these yesterday while digging through the Canadian Tire movie bins.

Name:	rockshockpop_graphicdesign-dupe2.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	346996

Comment

I don't think there's any reason to limit it to the Absentia stock image.

Nice find, Ryan.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

You'd have to try pretty damn hard to come up with a more misleading title and image for Borowczyk's The Beast than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                            You'd have to try pretty damn hard to come up with a more misleading title and image for Borowczyk's The Beast than that.
                            LOL...The would be quite a few shocked faces after purchasing that and then taking it home and watching it!!!!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan K View Post
                                I'm not sure if this thread is limited to re-uses of that Absentia stock photo, but I found these yesterday while digging through the Canadian Tire movie bins.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11186[/ATTACH]
                                I've been looking at this image for the last few minutes and can't quite work it out. It's the same photo isn't it it's just that on the Chick Magnet one they've photoshopped new heads onto the bodies and sneakily changed the colour of the guys shirt. Wierd thing to do but good skills.
                                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                                X