Burt. Burt Reynolds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burt. Burt Reynolds.

So I've been thinking about Burt Reynolds a lot lately. That's probably a weird thing to admit on a public board but so be it. It's just that there's been a lot of Burt in my life the last few months, off and on. And I'm okay with that. I figured I should inquire as to everyone's take on the man.

A few random thoughts:

MALONE - Burt Reynolds will fuck you up and shoot you and although he will kiss your underage daughter, he will not fuck her. He will definitely kill all the bad buys and help you out though and he'll drive a cool car and hide guns under it.

CANNONBALL RUN - This is more about the supporting cast for me than it is about Burt. He's the star but he's more or less playing Bandit here. Despite the fact that Golden Harvest and Raymond Chow partially bankrolled this one, the portrayal of Jackie Chan and Michae Qui is pretty abhorrant. Why are they referred to as Japanese? Strange. Dean Martin and Sammie Davis Jr. are the fucking bomb diggity in this movie though. Anyway, Burt's good in this, and he slaps Dom a lot, which makes me laugh. He kinda wimps out in the big fight at the end though where Peter Fonda shows up to raise hell for no real reason. But it's funny to watch Burt hit on Farrah.

SMOKEY & THE BANDIT - Probably the best thing he's ever done. He's fucking cool as ice in this one, just a really smooth dude. I don't know what more to say except that this movie is genuinely awesome.

BOOGIE NIGHTS - Probably the best 'serious' role that he's ever played. This movie proved he was more than just a guy with a moustache. He shows some range here. Pretty awesome.

DELIVERANCE - Great movie, Burt is rad in it, great supporting class, classic ass rape scene. High fives all around.

IMPASSE - So so heist film. Burt and Vic Diaz make a good comboe. Neat scenery, a cool finale, generally just average overall though.

IN THE NAME OF THE KING - Aging Burt gets to call in the ninjas while Jason Statham plays a farmer named farmer. Ray Liotta and Ron Perlman look confused. Uwe Boll. Good times, good times.

BURT!

Click image for larger version

Name:	007DST_Burt_Reynolds_002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	362691
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I graduated with a dude named Burt Reynolds. That was his real name!

He's a douche and does NOT have a rad stache or signature laugh. Nor was he Hooper.

Comment

Loni Anderson in Stroker Ace.
      Burt for the win.

Comment

Burt Reynolds is also in Striptease which I just got on Blu-ray for some reason.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit are two of my all time favourite films.
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Smokey and The Bandit rules all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
              Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit are two of my all time favourite films.
              It's your man crush on Jamie Farr, isn't it? Seriousl, Smokey And The Bandit? I'm with you 100% but Cannonball Run is awful. I won't say it's not fun, because it is, but it's really, really, really bad.

I wonder how the sequel holds up? And how the Smokey seqeuls hold up?
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's not much need to go further than mentioning Smokey and the Bandit. Simply one of the greatest movies ever.

aside from what was mentioned already
                Sharky's Machine...he's awesome
                Evening Shade...my mother used to watch this, so I used to sometimes watch it. He was good in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  It's your man crush on Jamie Farr, isn't it? Seriousl, Smokey And The Bandit? I'm with you 100% but Cannonball Run is awful. I won't say it's not fun, because it is, but it's really, really, really bad.

I wonder how the sequel holds up? And how the Smokey seqeuls hold up?
                  Cannonball 2 and the smokey sequels suck major balls. But Cannonball Run is the tits. I mean it has Roger Moore as a James Bond parody fer christsakes. And Captain Chaos! And the doctor in the ambulance is hilarious.

Comment

Smokey and the Bandit II does not hold up. Any movie that has an opening credit "Sally Field's outfits by..." is already minus some points.

It sucked. Buford T. Justice was a mere fraction as entertaining as in the first one and Bandit had a fake perm. I wish Burt would have just embraced his baldness. The man would have been an even bigger baddass without the toupees.

Cannonball Run II was every bit as horrible as the first. Don't bother.

Comment

Can everyone stop ragging on Cannonball Run?!?!? It is a fun film!

Comment

Best Friends was UBER-Ghey! I saw it in the theater with my Asian girlfriend at the time Mei-Ling. I was 10.

I threw the girlfriend part in there to save my manliness for admitting I saw Best Friends in the theater. Hope it worked. It is true though.

Comment

I didn't help. I saw Pretty Woman in the theater under that same excuse and it doesn't work. You were 10 though, so you didn't know any better.

Comment

Remember Cop And A Half? Fonzie directed it.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                              I didn't help. I saw Pretty Woman in the theater under that same excuse and it doesn't work. You were 10 though, so you didn't know any better.
                              I am so used to Facebook that I sat here and looked for a "LIKE" button under this post. I am stoopid.

Comment

Working...
                              X