No announcement yet.

Burt. Burt Reynolds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey and the Bandit is a classic, no doubt about that.

My buddy also tried to get a truck-drivers permit once. He failed cause he could not reverse blindly, as they do. And because the truck they let him try in had a 16-speed manual transmission, like 12 forwards and 4 reverse gears. I bet that trucking shit is way harder then it looks.

Also, having seen the Burts ranch youtube thing, and his mausoleum with a gigantic parking lot for the masses to come and pay their tribute, I feel that I too need a mausoleum for when I die, so that archeologists in the year 4000 can dig that shit up and falsly conclude that I was some kind of very important person.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

My father used to drive a semi-articulated lorry. He often used to park it outside our house whilst he popped in for his lunch. Annoyed the neighbours no end, I should think.

One of my neighbours was a long distance lorry driver for much of his life and used to weigh over 20 stones, thanks to eating greasy, fried food in motorway cafes. He retired from the job about 20 years ago and now weighs about half that.

It's all far less romantic than the fillums would lead you to believe - but the same can be said of most things in life.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Speaking of truckdriving films, anyone else here a fan of "Road Games" the Stacy Keach in Australia hithchiker serialkiller thing?

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
          Speaking of truckdriving films, anyone else here a fan of "Road Games" the Stacy Keach in Australia hithchiker serialkiller thing?
          Yes! That one used to turn up from time to time on UK television but I haven't seen it in years. I see there's a VHS quality dupe on Youtube. Time for a rewatch, I think.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

I bought a DVD of it of amazon.uk not that long ago, a year or two at the most. Perhaps you can find a copy cheap to, so you don't have to suffer the VHS quality :)

Comment

A-ha! I didn't even know this was available on DVD and assumed it wasn't! Time to spend some well-earned pennies! :)

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                I recently watched it for the first time was disappointed. The trailer had me prepared for a slasher with Keach and Curtis. It's more a bizarre road movie with a slasher sub-plot and Curtis is barely in the thing. I might have been more forgiving but the final showdown sucked (I saw an interview where the director admitted they ran out of money so they weren't able to properly end it). Not terrible but I probably would have enjoyed it more if not for the hype and misleading trailer.

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                Farnsworth sent me...
                Be careful. Those Shang Loo people don't take shit off anybody.
                Jason C
                Last edited by Jason C; 06-22-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Fuck yeah!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJgC9evUAAAdDUT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	348546
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just bought the german blu of that last week. Top notch!

Comment

I had the Malone one sheet when it came out . Burt with a bullet wound and a shotgun. Awesome.

Comment

Mother of christ, that Blu-Ray cover is beyond awesome!!!
                        https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

I remember a Robert Wuhl (remember him?) comedic bit from 23 years ago in which he uttered, "Did you know that when other people make a bad movie, Burt Reynolds gets a royalty?"

Comment

Originally posted by vincent_z View Post
                            I remember a Robert Wuhl (remember him?) comedic bit from 23 years ago in which he uttered, "Did you know that when other people make a bad movie, Burt Reynolds gets a royalty?"
                            Literally laughing out loud. In fact, I'll be laughing the rest of the day now.

Comment

Just watched WHITE LIGHTNING in HD last night, and it was enjoyable, though not one of Burt's best. He was on a massive roll in the 70's and 80's though, no doubt.

I think I may make a double feature of MALONE and STICK soon. MALONE I watched again recently, and it was better than I remembered, and STICK I haven't seen in ages. While I'm at it, I might dig out my old VHS of HEAT if I can find it is as well.

Comment

Kino just posted this...

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
                                Brand New 2016 HD Master!
                                Fuzz (1972) Starring Burt Reynolds, Raquel Welch, Yul Brynner, Tom Skerritt, Jack Weston and Don Gordon - Screenplay by Ed McBain - Based on his novel - Directed by Richard A. Colla.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X