Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	969321_632972716715588_1515406432_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	343584
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I read on HTF that Twilight Time indicated in emails on facebook that they are planning to release Sam Peckinpah's masterpiece, the film noir BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974). Is that good news or is that good news? Finally, I'll get to watch a movie on blu-ray with some

Peckinpah directing:
        "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
        - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Will have to see how TT's release stacks up against the imports that are out there I guess. I can't imagine it'll be extras-laden, but we'll see....

I love this movie way too much. Can't believe I'm still dealing with a DVD version.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Twilight Time announces the exciting BLU-RAY release of Louis Malle's compelling and unforgettable drama, for the very first time!

ALAMO BAY
            Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release
            Only 3,000 units available at
            www.screenarchives.com / TCMSHOP.com
            Once they are gone - they are gone!
            RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2013

Twilight Time proudly announces the first time availability of the most eagerly anticipated BLU-RAY release of the year - The Definitive John Ford Classic!

“DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK”
            www.screenarchives.com / TCMSHOP.com
            RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2013
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Got word late yesterday that THE DRIVER is on the way. I watched the dvd not too long ago but I'm still pretty excited about this, one of my favorites from Hill.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Got my copy of BODY DOUBLE pre-ordered and noticed that they put a 3 copy per customer limit. Which is nice, but I still wish that for the opening week or weekend of pre-orders that the titles would be limited to 1 per customer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
                  I read on HTF that Twilight Time indicated in emails on facebook that they are planning to release Sam Peckinpah's masterpiece, the film noir BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974). Is that good news or is that good news?
                  Holy shit! That is great fucking news. Thanks for the update!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7136[/ATTACH]
                    Any news on the ratio of this release, Ian? The UK Blu-ray is 1.85:1 (and, IIRC, 1080i). I'd love a correctly-framed Blu-ray presentation of this film.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• The Screen Archives site lists two aspect ratios!

VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
                      VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.78:1
                      AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA / English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
                      SUBTITLES: English SDH
                      2000 / Color
                      89 MINUTES
                      Rated: R
                      REGION FREE
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• BODY DOUBLE has almost sold out (it may be gone by now.)

Also, the three August 13th releases are now shipping.

Comment

• Press Release 10/01/2013

Twilight Time proudly announces the First Time Ever BLU-RAY release of the cult psychological horror favorite from Director Robert Mulligan…

“The Other”
                          www.screenarchives.com

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2013

“An outstanding example of topflight writing structure and dialog, enhanced to full fruition by a knowing director.” —Variety

“The performances, Robert Surtees' lush camerawork, and Mulligan's solid psychological insights make for thoughtful, sometimes even chilling entertainment.” —Time Out London

The Other (1972), directed by Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird) and adapted by Tom Tryon from his own best-selling novel, is a psychological horror film set in Depression-era New England about a pair of young twins (Chris and Martin Udvarnoky) who find themselves at the center of a series of ghastly accidents that may not be so accidental, after all. Shot by the extraordinary Robert Surtees (Ben-Hur), and featuring a score by the superb Jerry Goldsmith, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Press Release 10/01/2013

Twilight Time announces the long awaited BLU-RAY release of an almost forgotten
                            post-apocalyptic horror gem…ready to shock again…

“MINDWARP”
                            www.screenarchives.com

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2013

“An involving horror adventure…[Director] Barnett has done well with material that might have been just gross in lesser hands, and admirably keeps the tone consistent all the way through to the end.”
                            —TV Guide

“A post-apocalyptic gore-fest funded by Fangoria magazine…Eye-gouging, blood-spurting nastiness.” —Time Out London

Cult horror veterans Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) and Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) co-star in Mindwarp (1992), produced by Fangoria Films (an off-shoot of the popular horror film magazine). The film tells the grisly tale of a post-apocalyptic society in which the privileged exist only as “Dreamers,” eternally plugged into a virtual reality fantasyland, Inworld, while in the ravaged Outworld, humans have mutated into savage flesh-eaters, led by a mysterious, charismatic despot interested only in survival. Directed by Steven Barnett (Hollywood Boulevard II).
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cover art for the October releases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	998634_642290455789624_287520814_n.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	343967

Click image for larger version

Name:	1175475_642290559122947_421200210_n.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	343968
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• An interview with TT's Nick Redman here:

http://nixpixdvdmoviereviewsandmore.blogspot.ca/

In which he announces they've signed a pretty big deal with MGM and will be releasing 5-6 titles a month in 2014.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X