Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cannon Films Documentary - Electric Boogaloo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    It's on stupid craveTV up here in Canada, but not on Netflix. Stupid.
    Hmmm...I have CraveTV and this isn't showing up. Is there any other place to see this?

Comment

Hm. It was advertised on crave not that long ago. Somebody said theres a blu on amazon.de, but it's barebones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Hm. It was advertised on crave not that long ago. Somebody said theres a blu on amazon.de, but it's barebones.
        Thanks, Mark. I'll keep looking for it. I definitely want to check this out.

Comment

I got a german DVD of this finally. So now I have both these Cannon flicks. They form a perfect 1-2 punch.

Great quote from Electric Boogaloo: "What they lacked in taste they made up for with enthusiasm"
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I got the Umbrella dvd of this a few months ago, really enjoyed it even if some of the ground covered was pretty familiar. The one glaring absence as far as those interviewed goes was Chuck Norris.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I must say though, that of all the documentaries of films I have seen, Electric Boogaloo is the best.

Comment

I greatly enjoyed Electric Boogaloo and can see watching it again. I walked away with some films I'm eager to see as well. I had no idea just how many bad films Cannon pushed out and how out of the norm it was for a studio too make that many films in a short time. I thought Corman was just a prolific at pumping out trash but this doc made me feel differently. Now I'm kinda surprised how few films the majors put each year back then.

It's a shame the two of them had a falling out.
                Jason C
                Last edited by Jason C; 05-29-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

The scene where that writer re-enacts the story of Menahem Golan explaining the plot of a film to a monkey, as if the monkey was a prospective actor who had to be sold on the project, is funnier then the last decade of Hollywood comedies combined.

Comment

Watched it last night and loved it. Can't wait until it gets a region 1 release. Is the Go Go Boys documentary out now?

Comment

Yes, at least on R2. It is slower paced and not as funny as Electric Boogaloo, but more in depth on the history of Golan-Globus, and it has several interviews with them.

Comment

Still can't find this on streaming services. Blah!

Comment

From FB:

"Happy to announce that ELECTRIC BOOGALOO is also being released in the US as a stand alone DVD by Warner Bros and Ratpac.
                          It will contain approx 60 mins of bonus content.
                          Street date is September 29th."
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I would have bought a reasonably priced blu-ray. Not sure about a DVD.

Comment

I will buy it.

Comment

Theres a 10 film set of Cannon films coming out as well that includes this....also only on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X