Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now For Something Completely Different... A Monty Python Thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where to stop with those original run sets. Do I really need to get the next one with Colin Baker? I grew up watching the Tom Baker and Davison incarnations. The only reason I got the Davison one is because they're all limited editions in the UK which sell out within a couple of months, so it's out of print but I found one in HMV and grabbed it. Importing the US versions is way too expensive with import fees and duty. The Pertwee set is really good.

Anyway, and now for something completely different...
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      19 is the Peter Davison years, I can live without that.

I do need to get the rest of the Tom Baker stuff though.
      But isn't the Capaldi set season 9?
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
        But isn't the Capaldi set season 9?
        Ah, it's easy to confuse the sequences with the original show and the reboot. Yes, Capaldi is season 9 of the reboot (they started the numbering over with the David Tennant run).
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Ah, it's easy to confuse the sequences with the original show and the reboot. Yes, Capaldi is season 9 of the reboot (they started the numbering over with the David Tennant run).
          Okay, I'm going to try to stop understanding anymore.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

One of the greatest openings of all time.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

This song gets stuck in my head way too often...

Any philosophers I've heard of are because of this song.
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I have fond memories of the summer I was in Southern California and introduced my cousin to Monty Python. Driving around Anaheim and Costa Mesa with “Sit On My Face” booming out of his car's 1000 watt car sound system was hilarious.

Comment

Pre-order is up on the Network page.

https://networkonair.com/all-product...lu-ray-edition

"Nobody expected Monty Python's Flying Circus to be restored on (Norwegian) Blu-ray!"
                    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as:
                    The entire series, superbly restored from the originals by Mr Arthur Pewtey.
                    Naughty bits put back in their proper places!
                    Box that explodes! (sort of)
                    Mr. Neutron made even longer than before... and other extended bits...
                    Restored bits!
                    Nice red uniforms! (not included)
                    Free Norwegian Blue parrot with every edition (not guaranteed to be alive and/or included*)
                    Cheese! (sorry, sold out)
                    David Frost's telephone number (disconnected)
                    Anything else we can think of!!

THE NORWEGIAN BLU-RAY EDITION

Years in the making, Network is proud to present the entire original television series of Monty Python's Flying Circus, fully rejuvenated for the first time. Sketches, some edited for timing, taste and copyright reasons, have been carefully restored to their intended length and the majority of Terry Gilliam's animations have been newly scanned in High Definition and restored to a specification way beyond their original format. Hitherto unseen outtakes, film inserts and studio recordings have been retrieved, adding yet another dimension to this exclusive release. This is the ultimate television restoration and a must for every generation of Python fan.

7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, for the first time totally uncut and beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements.
                    Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
                    Each of the four series comes individually packaged with a book by Andrew Pixley (four books in total) detailing an exhaustive episode-by-episode production history.
                    Previously unseen outtakes
                    Extended scenes and sketches
                    Restored-to-full-length sketches including Ursula Hitler, Cartoon Religions, A Book At Bedtime and more.
                    Rare promo films
                    And more to be announced…
                    THE RESTORATION
                    After nearly a decade of research and planning, this is a ground up restoration by Network's award-winning in-house team working from the best available materials - from first generation 2-inch videotape masters to surviving negative and print film material, scanned in 2K. The wildly varying picture sources have been graded scene-by-scene and intensively cleaned up.

State of the art upscaling of Standard Definition videotape has been deployed with careful use of noise reduction for both video and film grain, resulting in a vastly improved viewing experience all round on Blu-ray High Definition format, far exceeding anything previously available.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Didnt realize earlier versions were cut. Lame.

Comment

From Michael Palin's FB page:

"Just heard the shocking news that Neil Innes has died. Neil was one of the best. A terrifically accomplished musician, writer and performer who could make people laugh, cry and dance, all at the same time. He had an eye and ear for the surreal and a gentleness at the heart of all his work which made him the most delightful of companions.

Neil accompanied the Pythons on our live tours, and try as hard as we could, it was Neil's sublime performance “How Sweet To Be An Idiot' that always brought the house down.

Neil was the best friend you could wish for and one of the most naturally gifted entertainers I've ever met."
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming 9/13/22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	294135156_1721352848207927_8627365751585169526_n.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	397380
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is that the first Python on 4K? Though a great movie, seems like an odd choice for the first one.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

It's one of my least favourites, but any Python on 4k may mean more if it sells well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                                Is that the first Python on 4K? Though a great movie, seems like an odd choice for the first one.
                                It is really the most logical choice, as it was the biggest-budgeted and most well-shot Monty Python film. The only other one that comes close was ...And Now for Something Completely Different.

A 4K Life of Brian would look ok, a 4K Holy Grail would probably not do the film any favours, although there may be some added amusement to the cheapness of some of the sets being clear to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X