Desperado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperado

Watched this one last night for the first time in a while. It's got that right mix of stylish action, sexy sexiness, humor and style. It's not deep but it sure is a lot of fun. This is the type of role that Banderas excels at. He and RR work well together.

Looking forward to revisiting El Mariachi this weekend (and yeah I know, that's the wrong order).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I love Desperado. Not deep at all but just highly entertaining. Good soundtrack too.

Comment

The part where Banderas gets on the bar, walks across singing, and whacks the bad guy in the head with his guitar?

I want to do that some day.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've tried to watch this film twice now and fell asleep both times! Really must make and effort to get all the way through it some day, it might help that I don't get stoned out of my gourd anymore so will likely make it through to end next time.
        Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Comment

It's just fun and the dialogue is awesome.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

You can learn a lot about how women like to be treated by watching this movie.

ha.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

yeah it doesn't work. Neither does the lessons learned in I Spit On Your Grave.

Comment

Desperado is one of my favourite movies...ever! Anyone expecting deep, intellectual, award-winning cinema from a film like this deserves to be shot, multiple times by a bad-ass Mexican mariachi who looks like Antonio Banderas. Really, it's just a great modern shoot 'em up Western with a brilliant soundtrack. Can't wait for the BD!

I just wish they'd let Rodriguez put the original ending back in. That's what action cinema is meant to be all about, a deliberately increasing series of climaxes that cap off with a show-stopper finale. Did the MPAA learn nothing from The Wild Bunch?

Comment

I love it too. Really looking forward to getting the new blu-ray of it and El Mariachi and Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

Comment

I still haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I've heard it's the weakest of the three.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

It's clear in Desperado that RR is believing his own hype. El Mariachi's the clear winner of the 3 films. Johnny Depp is really the only reason to watch Once Upon a Time in Mexico, too.
                      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I've got to agree with Nolado... there's also a weird disjointed time-lapse "style" to the film (similar to what Carpenter did in GHOSTS OF MARS) which I found distracting. There's a good opening setpiece in the bar but afterwards the movie never quite lives up to this early promise.

My favorite Rodriguez movie remains FROM DUSK TILL DAWN.

Comment

I just caught Desperado on cable the other night, it was ok but I wasn't nearly as into as I was a 15 year old
                          "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

My fave RR film is still the entry he did for Showtime's "Rebel Highway" series, Road Racers, w/ David Arquette, Bill Sadler, and Salma. Freakin' great punk rawk of a movie there. Plus the soundtrack has Hasil Adkins "No More Hot Dogs" and it comes to play in the movie - how can you go wrong?

I only have it on VHS and it might be the sole reason I still have a VCR.
                            It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I like the first 2/3 of "Desperado", but I thought it really falls apart at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X