Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie's with changed dialogue when on tv...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie's with changed dialogue when on tv...

I just watched parts of Ghostbusters on VH1 Classics and got a kick out of the scene when they are in the mayor's office and shit is going down.

In the regular version, Stantz says "reactor...turned off by dickless here" (referring to Peck the EPA guy)
    Mayor: Is this true?
    Venkman: It's true your honor. This man has no dick.

In the tv version:
    Stantz: ...turned off by wally wick here.
    Mayor: Is this true?
    Venkman: It's true your honor. Than man is some kind of rodent, I don't know which.

And it was clearly the words they were saying and not dubbing.

I'm sure this info is not news to some, but I found it interesting.

Snakes on a Plane has a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Did you guys ever see the chapter in the CINEMA SEWER vol 1 book about this subject? It's one of the best parts! It's called "I'LL KISS ANYTHING THAT MOVIES: TV JUST CASTRATED MY FAVOURITE MOVIE" and it's on page 175.

Some of my faves:

DIE HARD's "yippie ki-aye motherfucker" became "yippie ki-aye monkey brother", and "yippie ki-aye Mr. Falcon" on various networks.

Cheech Marin's BORN IN EAST LA found "I'm gonna sit around and get stoned" changed to "I'm gonna sit around and just say no".

"We came, we saw, we kicked it's ASS!" in GHOSTBUSTERS was confusingly altered to "What a knockabout of pure fun that was!" (??)

Anyway, yeah, there are dozens more in the book. Check it out.
      www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

"Where'd you get that scar from Tony? Eating pineapple?"

Comment

My favourite was in Big Lebowski: "This is what happens Larry! This is what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps!"
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The TV version of Repo Man, with alterations made by Alex Cox, is a pretty legendary one. The UK anti-censorship website Melon Farmers took their name from it.
            Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

Comment

I watched GoodFellas on TV one night, edited to hell. It was amazing. Mr. Show did a skit of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-rGnI9XNo

Comment

haha Mother father Chinese dentist

Comment

The superimposing of the thumbs up kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                    "Where'd you get that scar from Tony? Eating pineapple?"
                    This is a favourite (along with "this town is a great big chicken just waiting to get plucked"); were it not for the DVD/BD releases of the film, though, I would never have had the opportunity to enjoy the hilarity of free-to-air American TV. You see, for years here in Oz, so long as a film played after the 9pm "adult viewing" timeslot, just about any profanity has been permissible on commerical television. However, that fact doesn't not make these examples a whole deal of fun to read...

Comment

The first time I remember noticing this was as a kid and I saw Young Guns on TV. When Billy The Kid tells another guy 'kiss my ass' it was changed to 'kiss my hand' which, at the time, I thought was hysterical.

I was easily amused in my younger days I guess.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

We were big fans of the edit in Police Academy when Lt. Harris tells Mahoney that "Nobody screws with me." They changed it to "plaaaaays."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                          We were big fans of the edit in Police Academy when Lt. Harris tells Mahoney that "Nobody screws with me." They changed it to "plaaaaays."

DROP THAT STEREO BEFORE I BLOW YOUR GOSHDARN KNEES OFF, EGGROLL!!!!

Haha, thanks for reminding me.

Comment

We watched Animal House on TV the other night and the scene where Belushi climbs up the ladder, peeks in the window and sees boobs? It had an additional piece of wood superimposed over the part of the window that had the boobies behind it. Not quite the same as censoring the language (all they did was just blank out the curse words where applicable) but still bizarre.

I wonder if we're going to start seeing more of this sort of visual censorship now that digital trickery is so easy to do? Is this better than just cutting out the snippet of nudity? I'm not sure how I feel.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              I wonder if we're going to start seeing more of this sort of visual censorship now that digital trickery is so easy to do? Is this better than just cutting out the snippet of nudity? I'm not sure how I feel.
                              I think it's better for kids. Now they'll know that if they rent that movie, they'll see the titties.

Comment

Working...
                              X