No announcement yet.

Big, Dumb Guilty Pleasures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex Drive is actually pretty funny. Better than it had any right to be.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Excellent! I add that one to the shopping cart with Amazon UK next payday, as they're throwing out the BD for a fiver! :up:

Comment

All of these films mentioned, though, I must say -- I've been over the whole "superhero movie" thing for some time now. A handful were okay, but now it's just overkill.

Comment

I couldnt agree more. And what is worse, they take up all the fucking slots in the cinema, so that normal films go direct to video. Also, wtf is up with rebooting every film series before the previous installment has even reached non-cable TV?
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
            All of these films mentioned, though, I must say -- I've been over the whole "superhero movie" thing for some time now. A handful were okay, but now it's just overkill.
            I was very surprised when I went to see Thor and actually enjoyed it. I have never been a fan of the comic. And don't like Natalie Portman's acting very often. But the movie was a big dumb summer action movie. Plus it had Kat Dennings.

Captain America was a film I have been wanting since I was 4 years old discovered Cap. I saw both of the 70s made for tv movies. But even as a young kid I realized they sucked. Then when the Pylun film was announced I got super excited. And the day it came out I paid close to $80 for the VHS. And again I was seriously disappointed. So when this new Cap film was announced I tried not to get my hopes up to high. But I did,and I finally got a great Cap movie. I went opening night,which is sometime I rarely if ever do,Saw it in 2d with my cousin and her family. Then walked out and bought a ticket to see it in 3d.

Comment

The FINAL DESTINATION series. They just make me laugh and I get a huge kick out of watching vapid modern brain-dead 20-somethings get killed gruesomely. Actually, the first one is my least favorite because it has slight pretensions towards being a bits serious. After that they just get dumber and more funny for me. I also have a soft spot for dumb-ass Gerard Butler flicks like LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. Butler cracks me up because he seems to understand just how stupid and superficial Hollywood stardom is acts accordingly - party hard, screw every hot chick you can and don't work too hard.

Comment

I'll concur with the Final Destination films! We even had a thread going about them...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...al+destination

...until I bombed it and it withered up and died. Just call me the topic/thread killer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                  Then when the Pylun film was announced I got super excited. And the day it came out I paid close to $80 for the VHS. And again I was seriously disappointed. So when this new Cap film was announced I tried not to get my hopes up to high.
                  Are you implying that Albert Pyun has made a bad film? Are you high? He is the best goddamn director whom ever lived. He can do no wrong! I feel his Captain Amerca is way better then this new film with "acting" and "special effects" and other such nonsense!

Comment

I haven't seen the new Captain America yet but the Pyun film is fun. Goofy but fun.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So Whedon's The Avengers looks like it could have big dumb fun written all over it. The trailer came out today, see it here if you haven't.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hate being an asshole resurrecting such an old thread, but I have come to realize that I watch the film DOA way more often then is to be considered sane. Yes, the Corey Yuen directed, video game based, fighting film from 2006 starring 3 more or less good looking women who cannot act and Eric Roberts in a mullet. Maybe I need to seek out a shrink or something.

Comment

I have an unhealthy love for the Witchcraft series. Back in the 90's there were 4 video stores in my hometown and one in the next town over and every one carried this franchise and with each new year a new sequel would magically appear and I would get more and more curious. Perhaps against my better judgment I rented all of the ones that were out at the time and had an absolute blast. Obviously they're far from masterpieces (lets be honest most are total misfires) but they're entertaining as hell and really there's no pretense when it comes to this series, everyone involved with all 13 films knew exactly the type of movies they were making. Sex 'n Satan baby!
                          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I enjoy AVP Requiem. It's a shit film (equally as bad as the first AVP) but the gore and seeing a Predator fight a PredAlien Queen cranks it up a notch.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I know there are many who love this film & I'm one, WATERWORLD just awesome!! Another is 3000 Miles to Graceland, dumb for sure just don't know about big. The most recent film that piles on the cheese but is endlessly watchable is Olympus Has Fallen :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kewley View Post
                                Another is 3000 Miles to Graceland, dumb for sure just don't know about big. The most recent film that piles on the cheese but is endlessly watchable is Olympus Has Fallen :up:
                                I agree. 300 miles is brilliant. Olympus has Fallen was better then White House Down, but had so horrid CGI I wanted to puke. It somehow Olympus just had gotten the budget of White house down to get the CGI done right, it would have been a great B-Movie gone A.

Comment

Working...
                                X