Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the world needs now is a Charles Bronson thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get too excited for the unrated version - it's literally just extra frames added to some of the gun blasts.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      Don't get too excited for the unrated version - it's literally just extra frames added to some of the gun blasts.
      That's interesting. I've seen the DVD once and remember it having quite a bit of rough stuff in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post

That's interesting. I've seen the DVD once and remember it having quite a bit of rough stuff in it.
        The only really good extended bit of violence is when Bronson throws the knife into Raymond St-Jacques' neck.

The extra frames are of inferior quality on the German edition. I wonder if Shout has improved the footage.

Comment

• Yup, it's only available to US customers. Wouldn't let me buy it.

Comment

• I actually caught this one in the theater, and it was a bit rougher than most of the 80's Cannon fodder he was in. If it gets positive reviews, I'll probably cave and pick this up.
            ​​​​​

Comment

• The PQ is very good. I didn't enjoy it as much this time as its a bit slow in spots. But there are a few scenes that are batshit crazy and make it well worth sitting through.

Comment

• I have a question that is indirectly Charles Bronson related.

I'm trying to recall a story that my dad (George Barry) told me. On a Charles Bronson set, a co-star of his allegedly brought in prostitutes and cocaine- enough to share.

This irritated the crap out of Bronson as he was a private and serious man. Anyone know who the actor and film might be? I asked my brother and he thinks this might have happened on an Italian set, but also does not remember the actor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Grieving is brutal, especially when you want to remember everything- every moment and every story becomes so precious. Even a story about prostitutes and cocaine.

Comment

• Sorry I can't help, Darcy. What movie was your dad on set with Bronson on?

Hope you and yours are doing well.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hi Ian,
                    Dad was not never on set with Bronson, this was just a story he recounted from something he read or from someone he met. I'm unsure of the original source.

Best wishes to you and yours as well!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Sorry I can't help, Darcy. What movie was your dad on set with Bronson on?

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Comment

• Watched The Mechanic last night. Good manly fare. The reviews set me up for something that was quieter, slower and more abstract. I was pleased to find it was just a good straight ahead action film. They don't make 'em like this anymore. I should probably delve more deeply into the Bronson back catalogue. Haven't even seen Death Wish yet though I think I may have seen some sequels.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                        Watched The Mechanic last night. Good manly fare. The reviews set me up for something that was quieter, slower and more abstract. I was pleased to find it was just a good straight ahead action film. They don't make 'em like this anymore. I should probably delve more deeply into the Bronson back catalogue. Haven't even seen Death Wish yet though I think I may have seen some sequels.
                        Dom, if you haven't seen it, you should look for HARD TIMES. Walter Hill directs and Bronson is so badass.
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

Dom, if you haven't seen it, you should look for HARD TIMES. Walter Hill directs and Bronson is so badass.
                          Cheers. I see Google Play has it and always up for some Walter Hill so I will get onto it and report back.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Cheers. I see Google Play has it and always up for some Walter Hill so I will get onto it and report back.
                            Looking forward to your thoughts!
                            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• White Buffalo is getting a reissue from Kino on 6/27/23.

THE WHITE BUFFALO (1977)
                              • Brand New HD Master - From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive
                              • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Paul Talbot, the Author of the BRONSON'S LOOSE! Books
                              • 4 TV Spots
                              • Theatrical Trailer
                              • Reversible Art
                              • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
                              • Optional English Subtitles

Click image for larger version

Name:	343202577_910043743544879_4882694896116336042_n.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	413552
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched The Mechanic last night. Good manly fare. The reviews set me up for something that was quieter, slower and more abstract. I was pleased to find it was just a good straight ahead action film. They don't make 'em like this anymore. I should probably delve more deeply into the Bronson back catalogue. Haven't even seen Death Wish yet though I think I may have seen some sequels.
                                Check out Kinjite and The Evil that Men do. Both are great Bronson films.

Comment

Working...
                                X