Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the world needs now is a Charles Bronson thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino announced that they're working on Someone Behind The Door and Farewell Friend (or, if you prefer, Honor Among Thieves).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I love the shot at the end with Bronson taking it all in after all the shooting. A moment of quiet peace then BAM! The score kicks in and the credits roll. God I love this movie.
      About three weeks ago, I rewatched BREAKHEART PASS for the first time in many years and was struck by how perfect that ending is - with Bronson looking on and then turning his back, beginning to walk away, then - freeze frame and the closing credits begin. It's very much in line with SHANE et al and says so much with so little fuss.

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      The Evil That Men Do is getting a Blu-ray release in Germany in May.

https://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...Y/dvd-forum-21

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21969[/ATTACH]
      Received this today. Watching it tonight.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Paul, if you don't mind chiming in with your thoughts on the disc once you get to it I'd appreciate it!
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Paul, if you don't mind chiming in with your thoughts on the disc once you get to it I'd appreciate it!
          Sure thing, Ian. I watched it last night. The disc gives the option of the 'R' rated version or the unrated version. Both have the same running time (the difference is made up in alternate takes). The unrated version is prefaced by a card, in German, stating that the footage unique to the unrated version is taken from a SD source. There's a noticeable jump in quality but it amounts to a few seconds in 4 scenes. The main presentation is very good. Detail is a big improvement over the DVDs I've seen (the last one I owned was the Network DVD release, which in itself was pretty good). Contrast levels are handled nicely, especially given the film moves from predominantly low key lighting in its early sequences to high key lighting in its second half. The low key material is handled well, detail being retained in the shadows, and the high key material at the climax is handled equally well, with highlights being even and balanced. There seemed to be some slight haloing in a few sequences but not throughout the whole picture. Audio is via lossless two-channel mono, which is fine and 'punchy' where it needs to be (eg, in the shotgun blasts).

The disc is selling for less than 15 Euros on Amazon.de at the moment, and I'd say it's far and away a worthwhile purchase for a Bronson fan :)
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Great, thank you Paul!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Great, thank you Paul!
              You're very welcome, Ian.

Comment

• Kino are releasing Farewell Friend and Someone Behind The Door on Nov. 19th.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Is The Evil That Men Do the one where the serial killer runs around naked? Saw that as a kid on TV and it was pretty freaky and weird. Long wanted to revisit it.

Comment

• That's 10 To Midnight.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's 10 To Midnight.
                      Great, thanks. Saw so many on TV as a kid they all blur together for me.

Comment

Kino announced that they're working on Someone Behind The Door and Farewell Friend (or, if you prefer, Honor Among Thieves).
                        Coming to Blu-ray 11/19

Farewell, Friend (1968)
                        • Audio Commentary Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
                        • 2004 Interview with director Jean Herman
                        • Theatrical Trailer

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDp0DXpXoAEgwSw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	356642
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming 11/191/9.

Someone Behind the Door (1971) with optional English subtitles
                          • NEW Audio Commentary by Director Nicolas Gessner
                          • Radio Spot
                          • Theatrical Trailer

Color 93 Min 1.66:1 Not Rated
                          Screen legends Charles Bronson (Rider on the Rain, Mr. Majestyk) and Anthony Perkins (Psycho, Five Miles to Midnight) co-star in this suspenseful thriller directed by Nicolas Gessner (The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane). Laurence Jeffries (Perkins) is a neurosurgeon dedicated to his research and neglectful of his beautiful wife Francis (Jill Ireland, Breakheart Pass), who leaves him for another man. The vindictive doctor plots a diabolical scheme—conditioning an amnesiac patient (Bronson) into believing that Francis is his own wife—so that he can take revenge by proxy, with a perfect alibi. Bronson gives one of his best and most convincing performances in this dark tale of deceit and hardened emotions. Beautifully shot by legendary DP Pierre Lhomme (Cyrano de Bergerac, Camille Claudel).

Click image for larger version

Name:	69599332_940772702932616_8828025429743894528_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	356653
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Warner Archive somewhat quietly put Red Sun out on DVD (but not Blu-ray).

https://www.wbshop.com/products/red-...n=EWACNR190917
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Never heard of the Perkins film but I'm a big fan of Little Girl Down the Lane so I will be checking that out.

Comment

• In regard to Death Wish II, III & IV, which releases are uncut?

Comment

Working...
                                X