Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the world needs now is a Charles Bronson thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom D View Post

Cheers. I see Google Play has it and always up for some Walter Hill so I will get onto it and report back.
    Looking forward to your thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

Dom, if you haven't seen it, you should look for HARD TIMES. Walter Hill directs and Bronson is so badass.
    Cheers. I see Google Play has it and always up for some Walter Hill so I will get onto it and report back.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    Watched The Mechanic last night. Good manly fare. The reviews set me up for something that was quieter, slower and more abstract. I was pleased to find it was just a good straight ahead action film. They don't make 'em like this anymore. I should probably delve more deeply into the Bronson back catalogue. Haven't even seen Death Wish yet though I think I may have seen some sequels.
    Dom, if you haven't seen it, you should look for HARD TIMES. Walter Hill directs and Bronson is so badass.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Watched The Mechanic last night. Good manly fare. The reviews set me up for something that was quieter, slower and more abstract. I was pleased to find it was just a good straight ahead action film. They don't make 'em like this anymore. I should probably delve more deeply into the Bronson back catalogue. Haven't even seen Death Wish yet though I think I may have seen some sequels.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Barry

• Darcy Barry
    replied
    Hi Ian,
    Dad was not never on set with Bronson, this was just a story he recounted from something he read or from someone he met. I'm unsure of the original source.

Best wishes to you and yours as well!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Sorry I can't help, Darcy. What movie was your dad on set with Bronson on?

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Sorry I can't help, Darcy. What movie was your dad on set with Bronson on?

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Barry

• Darcy Barry
    replied
    I have a question that is indirectly Charles Bronson related.

I'm trying to recall a story that my dad (George Barry) told me. On a Charles Bronson set, a co-star of his allegedly brought in prostitutes and cocaine- enough to share.

This irritated the crap out of Bronson as he was a private and serious man. Anyone know who the actor and film might be? I asked my brother and he thinks this might have happened on an Italian set, but also does not remember the actor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Grieving is brutal, especially when you want to remember everything- every moment and every story becomes so precious. Even a story about prostitutes and cocaine.

Leave a comment:

• Jason C

• Jason C
    replied
    The PQ is very good. I didn't enjoy it as much this time as its a bit slow in spots. But there are a few scenes that are batshit crazy and make it well worth sitting through.

Leave a comment:

• Spaghetti Monkey

• Spaghetti Monkey
    replied
    I actually caught this one in the theater, and it was a bit rougher than most of the 80's Cannon fodder he was in. If it gets positive reviews, I'll probably cave and pick this up.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Yup, it's only available to US customers. Wouldn't let me buy it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason C View Post

That's interesting. I've seen the DVD once and remember it having quite a bit of rough stuff in it.
    The only really good extended bit of violence is when Bronson throws the knife into Raymond St-Jacques' neck.

The extra frames are of inferior quality on the German edition. I wonder if Shout has improved the footage.

Leave a comment:

• Jason C

• Jason C
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
    Don't get too excited for the unrated version - it's literally just extra frames added to some of the gun blasts.
    That's interesting. I've seen the DVD once and remember it having quite a bit of rough stuff in it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Don't get too excited for the unrated version - it's literally just extra frames added to some of the gun blasts.

Leave a comment:

• Jason C

• Jason C
    replied
    Very excited to have The Evil That Men Do, but $40 stings. It's been a long wait and I wasn't confident it would happen on disc, but I'd feel a bit better if it came in a nicer package. I'm feeling spoiled by Arrow's Deluxe Steelbooks, Vinegar Syndrome's Ultra Magnet Clasp boxes, and German Mediabooks. That said, I'm thrilled we're getting the Unrated Cut and would have paid double if I had too.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    It seems to be exclusive to the US. People have asked about it in the comments but no replies yet. Maybe Diabolik will get some copies in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X