Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First film that seriously piqued your interest in the opposite sex.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sold lesbian cars. Maybe that was after he taught us Americans how sweet and lovable Aussies are. Can't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
      ...how sweet and lovable Aussies are...
      Well, some Aussies anyway...haha... ;)

Comment

I meant to add "except Mike T." but forgot.

Mike T to the rescue!

Comment

If I were an Australian girl born at the right time.... Yahoo'd have piqued my interest for sure! ;)

Coming back to reality for a brief second, it's not 'film' but I remember as a kid that I was very interested in my dad's vinyl copy of Olivia Newton John's Physical album. I also remember at one point telling my friend that I was going to marry her. Physical came out in 81 so I'd have been 6 at the oldest, possibly 5. Either way, she piqued my interest. I seem to remember the albm folding out and having a more revealing picture inside, but I could have imagined that.

A few years later I'd see Grease and and it'd all come flooding back. So I guess it is film related after all in a roundabout sort of way.

Why the fuck my dad was buying shitty Olivia Newton John albums though... well, probably for the same reason I was interested in them as a kid. The apple doesn't always fall so far from the tree.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
            I meant to add "except Mike T." but forgot. Mike T to the rescue!
            Thank you, thank you! I hope you'll all forgive me with some images from my (seventies Australian) youth? Ala...

Karen Pini
            Click image for larger version

Name:	sbb_200901_Karen_Pini_m1_450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	338217

Judy Green (from more recently)

Name:	91020285.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	338218

Abigail (circa Number 96)

Name:	abigail.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	338219

Lynda Stoner (back when she was a hottie and not such a militant feminist)

Ms Delaney (back in the day)

Name:	000.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	338220

Comment

Lynda Stoner was in Turkey Shoot/Escape 2000, right? That's all I think I know her from off the top of my head.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's her! She was in the Paul Hogan Show a lot too; also TV series Cop Shop, The Young Doctors and Prisoner (aka: Prisoner Cellblock H).

Upon mature consideration and reflection, there was one unique British sex symbol that had a profound affect on my entire life...

Name:	valerie_leon_photo_4.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	338221

Valerie Leon. That's all that needs to be said really...

Comment

Everyone on this board =
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    Everyone on this board =
                    You is one crazy lady! But your ploy worked: you all got something resembling an answer out of me...

Comment

That was my ploy? Usually all we want you to do is shut up!
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
                        you all got something resembling an answer out of me...
                        Close enough! And it got me thinking about how I haven't seen Escape 2000 in a while so some good came of this after all!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                          That was my ploy? Usually all we want you to do is shut up!
                          Cheers, bro! :up:

Comment

Though I , like Todd, was born loving older women (ok, he said born horny, and that's true too), and CLEARLY remember being obsessed with the MOTHER, JUGS, AND SPEED ad art (going as far as having it clipped and placed in a scrapbook, writing "HUBBA HUBBA" with an arrow pointing to Raq's cleavage!!), and taking a special interest in the SUPERVIXENS poster, seeing SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER and ANIMAL HOUSE theatrically probably pushed me over the edge as I sped toward puberty. As an example, ANIMAL HOUSE requires no major stretch to imagine what was so impactful, but SNF's effect was sneakier: it made me fall in love with Donna Pescow, though I don't think I realized it until recently.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that she resembles Suzi Quatro. I'm a sucker for soft-eyed spunky Italian girls!
                            Ian Miller
                            Flattery and foreplay
                            Last edited by Ian Miller; 09-17-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

haha You really wrote "hubba hubba" on it? That is hilarious.
                              www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Absolutely! In black pastel, if I remember right! Another one I remember was NASTY HABITS with the nun in garters.

Comment

Working...
                                X