Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Band / Full Moon DVD / Blu-ray / Streaming Oddities

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Almost started a new thread just now called "Charles Band: I can't even." Reason being is him fucking up several of his releases recently. Also previously. But again, now.

For instance, I blind bought the new Blu-ray of CRASH! The QC ain't gonna win any awards and the movie is not great. Fine, par for the course. But at the end of the film just before the credits roll, there is suddenly some idiotic video graphic stating "Full Moon No. 2." Because what the disc needed was some arbitrary garbage imposing itself over the original film. Almost as lame as the end of GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS where suddenly they cut to video footage of the car from the film doing donuts on a dirt lot. So I gotta ask myself, is the Blu-ray of MANSION OF THE DOOMED (which I pre-ordered from Amazon) going to suddenly say "Full Moon No. 1" at the end, before the movie even finishes? Because if that is the case, not only do I want to cancel my order, I think I'm going to trim my Band collection (if you can call it that) down to the absolute minimum (which is, let's face it, pretty much just TOURIST TRAP) and avoid his shit to the maximum extent possible. Dude has become a one-man VCI. Or maybe that's redundant.
    I'm sorry to hear about this, Marshall. I didn't want to steal your fire, but you should have gone ahead and created that thread. Because I have a few things I can add to your complaints. I'm putting the thread in General Cinema because the movies I want to discuss are horror, sci-fi and erotic. I'm not posting photos of nudity, though.

I started the "Mansion of the Doomed" thread because I discovered that the Tubi version was slowed down for some reason. Then I discovered that the Tubi versions of "End of the World" and "Zombiethon" were also slowed down. Why, I don't know. And there might be more Full Moon movies on Tubi that are the same.

Thomas Wood said of Full Moon's DVD and Blu-ray of "Emanuelle and the White Slave Trade"...

The time is 88 minutes and 15 seconds long. I only spot checked it and the quality looks fine but it does appear to have been DNR'd.
    I don't have Severin's version, but I found a torrent of it. The time is 88 minutes and 44 seconds. So, Full Moon's version is missing 29 seconds.

I suppose someone else can add info on other Full Moon releases.

On the DOLLMAN VS THE DEMONIC TOYS Blu-ray the transfer actually switches to another brightness setting during the movie. The laziness is astonishing; instead of adjusting the brightness and then starting the transfer from the beginning, the dumb ass who was doing the master just switched the setting mid-film and it remains like that (which is fine, because the transfer is a tad too dark until the adjustment). Otherwise, the disc looks fine.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      On the DOLLMAN VS THE DEMONIC TOYS Blu-ray the transfer actually switches to another brightness setting during the movie. The laziness is astonishing; instead of adjusting the brightness and then starting the transfer from the beginning, the dumb ass who was doing the master just switched the setting mid-film and it remains like that (which is fine, because the transfer is a tad too dark until the adjustment). Otherwise, the disc looks fine.
      Wow.

Just wow.

Comment

Pretty fucking spectacular news, in my book: Full Moon will be releasing LAST FOXTROT IN BURBANK on dvd, Blu-ray, and to their streaming platform. I suspected as much when a newly-created and beautiful-looking trailer popped up on the new Blu-ray of CINDERELLA, but I also got confirmation from a staffer. Apologies if this is already common knowledge. As far as I know, this, Band's first film, has never had a home video release.

Comment

Thanks, Marshall.

Larry Karaszewski on LAST FOXTROT at Trailers from Hell

Do not make eye contact with Larry's kiss curls under any circumstance.

Comment

Some good news for you guys who like to stream Charles Band movies. Tubi has a remastered version of End of the World. https://tubitv.com/movies/646767/end...red?start=true

Also, Shout Factory TV has Mansion of the Doomed and it's 86 min., 21 sec. https://shoutfactorytv.com/mansion-o...a43e00016d7c16

Looks like these are the correct speed versions. Now Tubi needs to upgrade the compilation films Zombiethon and Filmgore.

Comment

Last Foxtrot is finally out on Blu-ray. The bad news (for some) is that for now it's part of a boxed set of Band's first eleven movies (including Blu debuts of Auditions and Best of Sex and Violence, "taken from 16mm materials"). Actually a great deal if you don't have most of these already (and want them). Despite the repeated material, I was happy to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
              X